My cat died this afternoon.....

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

kool aid
Getting Hooked!

My cat died this afternoon.....

Post by kool aid » Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:35 pm

Its been a tough day. Really tough. My friend of 9 years passed away today. He was in poor health. I can only take comfort in the fact he is no longer suffering. He had been hit by a car a few months back and was never the same after that. The vet thought he had some kind of brain damage from the hit and he had to have two legs amputated. The past couple of weeks he would sit int he corner and meow at the wall. He refused to play anymore and stopped using the litter box. The back room still stinks and it only reminds me of him. I think he ruined the carpet.

Rest in peace Mr Socks. I miss you.....
::d-cry::
:king:

LiveonJG
IAC Jester!
Location: Standing on the side of the road, rain falling on my shoes.

Post by LiveonJG » Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:58 pm

Sorry to hear that. It's never easy to loose a pet. Best way, only way, I've been able to get over it is to get another. I'd bet there are plenty of cats at your local shelter that could use a good home. Two legs amputated? That had to be rough.
-John
Keep it acoustic.

Sluggo
Wishin' I was Fishin'
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Post by Sluggo » Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:20 pm

Had to put my cat Rudy down the day after my son was born (cycle of life). She was 13 years old and very sick. Peeing everywhere. I really hated to do it. We had her the entire 13 years. She went peacefully while I was petting her.
:vwgauge420:

1977 Bus with Sunroof - "Lucky '77"
2000cc Type IV w/Dual Weber 36s,
Aircooled.net SVDA w/Compufire,
Redline Weber Fuel Pump,
Holley Regulator,
Half Ass Brush & Roller Rustoleum Paint Job,
Incomplete Custom Interior,
Dual Batteries,
Crunched Slider Door.
------------------------------------------------------

tedebare
I'm New!

Post by tedebare » Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:53 am

Losing a pet is like losing a loved one. Never easy. My belief is that your cat went to a better place, but it's still tough on the people it left behind.

R.B.P.

Post by R.B.P. » Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:02 am

Cats are about the most useless pet in the world IMO. I use them for practicing my drop kick. I mean really, who wants a pet that you actually ALLOW to shit and piss in your house?

spiffy
IAC Addict!

Post by spiffy » Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:28 am

Sorry to hear about that man!! We have two of the little rascals and they are definitely part of the family......my condolences go out to you.
78 Riviera "Spiffy"
67 Riviera "Bill"

CoPilot

Post by CoPilot » Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:59 am

HEARTACHE! The only pets I've ever had have been of the feline sort and I've lost two so far. Tramatic each and everytime. :pale:

kool aid
Getting Hooked!

Post by kool aid » Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:28 pm

Thank you all for the warm comments. They really do mean a lot to me and I cannot express that enough.

He had his back two legs amputated as they were completely shattered when he got run over. The vet couldnt do anything to save them. Going to the litter box became quite a chore. He could still get around on his front two legs but not too well. We had a ramp built to his litter box to assist in the deed. He loved to swat at his catnip mouse on a string with his remaining two (front) paws.

But, for some time he refused to use the litter box and once he got in he wouldnt be able to get out. One time I came home from work and found him in the box. No telling how long he was in there. Then he absolutely refused to use the box. It was about this time he stopped playing with his catnip mouse and began meowing at the corner.

We buried him this morning. A somber and sad ceremony in the back yard. We buried him with his catnip mouse and his favorite blanket. I know wherever he is, hes happy now and can be a normal cat again.
:king:

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:43 pm

kool aid wrote: he's happy now and can be a normal cat again.
I am always struck by the resourcefulness of our disabled domestic creatures who just keep going like an energizer bunny. We had a three-legged dog in my old neighborhood who could run just about as fast as he could with four-paw drive.
There's a lot to learn from them about how to live.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

Westy78
IAC Addict!

Post by Westy78 » Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:01 pm

Sorry to hear it Kool aid. It's always tough to lose a pet for any reason. I know from other posts of yours that you're not into mainstream religion and neither am I, but whatever your beliefs this always gets me.

http://www.petloss.com/poems/maingrp/rainbowb.htm
Chorizo, it's what's for breakfast.

RussellK
IAC Addict!

Post by RussellK » Thu Sep 14, 2006 7:06 am

Sorry to hear. They have a way of crawling into your heart.
-Russ