California Wildfires

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

California Wildfires

Post by Amskeptic » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:56 am

... have been raging over the past few years. Some of my favorite campsites have been scorched, like the Whiskeytown Fire outside of Redding. Our own Jivermo just weeks ago was helping to put out a fire on CA-299, my favorite VW bus racetrack to Eureka . . . . The town of Paradise CA was wiped off the map, now we have a housing crisis for people who do not have the resources to rebuild.

So today, I was reading up on the Woolsey Fire, the most destructive in modern California history, and I see this photograph:

I grew up off Kanan Road. It has all been burned down. As I have been following this cataclysm, I have been reading of our president slamming California for not taking care of their forests (his solution? cut funding off), but I have also been reading about private fire-fighting outfits saving the homes of the wealthy while the little people are out of luck with the public fire-fighters stretched to and past the breaking point.

There is an unsettling fissure opening up under our feet. I seriously worry that we are fracturing our social contract. Remembering that there are heroes in our midst, not the least of whom, Jivermo and Son from Florida, helping out as they pass through.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

Abscate
Getting Hooked!

Re: California Wildfires

Post by Abscate » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:07 am

Amazing photo of steel in soft phase. Still wondering how those towers came down?

:)

The Federal government can’t cut off aid to CA, because you give more than you receive. Trump should be scared that CA will cut off aid the Mitch MConnell states that elected him.