Brett Kavanaugh Supreme Court

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

asiab3
IAC Addict!

Re: Brett Kavanaugh Supreme Court

Post by asiab3 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:53 pm

Token what? Senator Harris displayed more than a modicum of integrity and care during her questioning of Judge Kavanaugh and the several others I’ve watched her question over her inaugural time on the judiciary committee.

Let’s put it this way, if I ever have kids, the role models they will look up to will be those like her; I want my kids to know the difference between someone like her, and a man who lashes out like a child and plays dumb when questioned.

There should be no doubt in anyone’s mind that his attitude and disposition are unfit to be a decoder and decider of law on any significant level.

Robbie
1969 bus, "Buddy."
145k miles with me.
322k miles on Earth.

72Hardtop
Old School!

Post by 72Hardtop » Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:04 am

His attitude and disposition should be a key example for anyone who's falsely accused of such a crime with zero coo-berating evidence. Let me drag you into to public forum and falsely accuse you of a crime and I'll guarantee you'll be adamantly denying it. Anyone who says other wise is a bold face liar.

Kamala Harris took a claim without so much as even verifying it. And that makes her an example of someone who's not cut out to be a representative of anyone.

The proper route should have been...

1. Report the crime to the police. (timely manner)
2. Wait for investigation to run it's course.
1972 Westy tintop
2056cc T-4 - 7.8:1 CR
Weber 40mm Duals - 47.5idles, 125mains, F11 tubes, 190 Air corr., 28mm Vents
96mm AA Biral P/C's w/Hastings rings
42x36mm Heads (AMC- Headflow Masters) w/Porsche swivel adjusters
71mm Stroke
Web Cam 73 w/matched Web lifters
S&S 4-1 exhaust w/Walker 17862 quiet-pack
Pertronix SVDA w/Pertronix module & Flamethrower 40K coil (7* initial 28* total @3200+)
NGK BP6ET plugs
002 3 rib trans
Hankook 185R14's

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:35 am

72Hardtop wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:04 am
His attitude and disposition should be a key example for anyone who's falsely accused of such a crime with zero coo-berating evidence. Let me drag you into to public forum and falsely accuse you of a crime and I'll guarantee you'll be adamantly denying it. Anyone who says other wise is a bold face liar.

Kamala Harris took a claim without so much as even verifying it. And that makes her an example of someone who's not cut out to be a representative of anyone.

The proper route should have been...

1. Report the crime to the police. (timely manner)
2. Wait for investigation to run it's course.

We all have been witness to the unfolding of Kavanaugh's nomination process. I cannot give you the words you choose, because they close doors that cannot be closed. You cannot use "false". You can use "not proved". We all saw how the republicans shut down the investigation (based on new allegations AFTER the vetting process used in prior instances). We all have access to the Anita Hill fiasco that gave us that idiot Clarence Thomas, and yes there are lingering questions that are parallel to this situation.

I suggest that you not cloak yourself too piously here. There are crimes that have been committed where the police were not called. I think it is pretty obvious that Ford was not going to the police as a fifteen year-old. Within weeks of a crime, there is a dying off of imperative and a developing doubt because of the time that has passed. I am well-aware of learned helplessness, and I am well-aware of snotty prep school culture, and I am aware of the thwarted testimony squelched here.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

72Hardtop
Old School!

Post by 72Hardtop » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:41 pm

Want to help a victim not be a victim?

Then it starts by standing up for yourself and reporting a crime in a timely manner regardless of your disposition. Feeling sorry for one gets you no where fast.

Remember being vividly told by my FTO (field training officer) many many moons ago....

"If it wasn't reported it didn't happen".
1972 Westy tintop
71mm Stroke
Pertronix SVDA w/Pertronix module & Flamethrower 40K coil (7* initial 28* total @3200+)
NGK BP6ET plugs
002 3 rib trans
Hankook 185R14's

asiab3
IAC Addict!

Post by asiab3 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:47 am

Want to try again?

http://humanevents.com/2011/11/22/speie ... l-assault/

“A study conducted by the Military Rape Crisis Center reports over 90 percent of all victims are involuntarily discharged from service while more often than not the assailants are given a slap on the wrist, often promoted or given an Honorable Discharge.”

How does this relate to B.K.? He wasn’t even on trial! He was questioned at a judiciary hearing to test for qualification on the nation’s highest court. I find it hard to believe that Hillary Clinton is unfit to be president after remaining cool, calm, and collected for OVER SIX HOURS during her judiciary questioning, but B.K. is fit for the Supreme Court after losing his temperament and lashing out while dodging a majority of his questions... If you were on trial, would you want the judge yelling and ignoring evidence and testimony? Would you want the judge to disregard witnesses and rush through a trial while evidence is being gathered?

Robbie
1969 bus, "Buddy."
145k miles with me.
322k miles on Earth.

72Hardtop
Old School!

Post by 72Hardtop » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:08 am

asiab3 wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:47 am
Want to try again?

http://humanevents.com/2011/11/22/speie ... l-assault/

“A study conducted by the Military Rape Crisis Center reports over 90 percent of all victims are involuntarily discharged from service while more often than not the assailants are given a slap on the wrist, often promoted or given an Honorable Discharge.”

How does this relate to B.K.? He wasn’t even on trial! He was questioned at a judiciary hearing to test for qualification on the nation’s highest court. I find it hard to believe that Hillary Clinton is unfit to be president after remaining cool, calm, and collected for OVER SIX HOURS during her judiciary questioning, but B.K. is fit for the surpreme court after losing his temperament and lashing out while dodging a majority of his questions... If you were on trial, would you want the judge yelling and ignoring evidence and testimony? Would you want the judge to disregard witnesses and rush through a trial while evidence is being gathered?

Robbie
1. A judge wouldn't be the one on trial. Big difference. So sitting on the 2nd highest court in the nation must have merit? LOL!

2. As for Hillary she wasn't being accused of sexual assault. She has also built her life as a lawyer by building cases on half truths and dishonesty. Lawyers are good at that.

3. The fact that Kavanaugh wasn't on trial makes it more relevant. Notice when these types of cases are found to not have happened when one is released after serving (X) amount of time in prison they are never remembered for being the guy who was wrongly convicted. But rather remembered as the one who raped. The only effective way one can be presumed innocent is to be treated innocent until it lands in a courtroom and convicted. That is the idea behind 'Innocent until proven guilty'. You don't scream fire in a theater when there is no fire eh?
1972 Westy tintop
71mm Stroke
NGK BP6ET plugs
002 3 rib trans
Hankook 185R14's

tommu
Old School!

Post by tommu » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:20 am

Well I wouldn't give him a job based on that interview.

Question - why are you so passionately defending an ivy league elitist 1%er?

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:50 pm

tommu wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:20 am

Question - why are you so passionately defending an ivy league elitist 1%er?

Wait! I got this, hold my dial indicator.

He is passionately defending the last of the strong men who knew what was what, the real builders of this country, the men who who know how to lead, how to make jobs, how to make money, how to hold their liquor and their guns, you stupid little panty waist, he is passionately defending the American Way of Life where we had morals! Christian values! where women knew their place, dishwashers too! He is passionately defending a mirage shimmering in the darkness of terrifying change.

Can I have my dial indicator back?
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

tommu
Old School!

Post by tommu » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:57 pm

Amskeptic wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:50 pm

Can I have my dial indicator back?
Colin
Sure. It's digital now. And in metric.

Abscate
Getting Hooked!

Post by Abscate » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:54 am

tommu wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:20 am

No one would, except the Tribalists