"What if . . . it doesn't matter?"

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

hippiewannabe
Old School!

Re: "What if . . . it doesn't matter?"

Post by hippiewannabe » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:22 pm

I suppose "the middle" looks different depending on your own position on the spectrum. I read the WaPo a lot, they seem to be favored by Google news. I have found them to follow the party line without exception.

Looks like the Democrats are going to throw Al Franken under the bus. They can claim the moral high ground without penalty, because he will be replaced by an appointed Democrat. It also allows them plenty of time for the memory to fade before the next election. The Republicans would love to kick Roy Moore to the curb, but they are boxed in by the timing of the allegations.
Truth is like poetry.
And most people fucking hate poetry.

TrollFromDownBelow
IAC Addict!

Post by TrollFromDownBelow » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:24 pm

Guess if you are keeping score, need to include Dem. John Conyers who stepped down b/c of sexual harassment. Michigan will be having a special election, including a primary to find his replacement.
1976 VW Bus aka tripod
FI ...not leaky, and not so noisy...and she runs awesome!
hambone wrote: There are those out there with no other aim but to bunch panties. It's like arguing with a pretzel.
::troll2::

tommu
Old School!

Post by tommu » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:17 pm

hippiewannabe wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:22 pm
I suppose "the middle" looks different depending on your own position on the spectrum. I read the WaPo a lot, they seem to be favored by Google news. I have found them to follow the party line without exception.
To an outsider who consumes American Media - integrity and accuracy are important to the Washington Post. They are held in high esteem across other contents. Of course they, like all media, set their agenda and discuss the things they want to discus but I have not seen them attempt to bend reality.

Same cannot be said for some other sources of 'news'.