Another Mass Murder In America (and again)

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Spezialist

Re: Another Mass Murder In America

Post by Spezialist » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:19 pm

TrollFromDownBelow wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:03 pm
Spezialist wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:16 am

"white culture in america" is mentally ill in and of itself. the commodification of ffing everything is toxic for the spiritual selfs we evolved in for countless millions of years.
"white" Europeans have an advantage for the last thousand years or so, since money is part of their religion.
white skin american indians who think they're europeans not so much. fragmented thinking is "normal" in fragmented lives.

I think they should do a DNA test and see how mixed he was. even a genealogy work up. Its my personal opinion that this a fundamental problem of the "civilized " countries.
I've read your post several times; some intriguing thoughts, but not quite understanding the point you are trying to make? If he is a product of 'white culture in america' then it wouldn't ever come up in a DNA test...

As an 'armchair' psychologist, I would agree with you (if that's what you were saying) he is a product of 'white culture in america'. My two cents is that he was a thrill seeker (avid gambler, hunter, etc) had plenty of money, and was bored. He did this to see if he could pull it off...it was simply another challenge, another thrill seeking adventure.
Yup, conqueror mentality gone wacko.

zabo
Old School!

Re: Another Mass Murder In America

Post by zabo » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:31 pm

ugh - too much
60 beetle
78 bus

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Re: Another Mass Murder In America (and again)

Post by Amskeptic » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:16 am

After hearing Donald Trump whip up frothy suspicions against (brown and black) immigrants, after hearing Donald Trump whip up frothy fear of inner city neighborhoods, we are once again focused on a nice suburban school killing field with a lone white assassin. The latest count: 17 dead at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland FL.

Donald Trump has only been able to conjure up a tweet thus far. Soon, Sarah Huckabee Sanders will likely release an official White House statement along the lines of "thoughts and prayers".

It is 9:57AM and I have called the White House switchboard and my senators, Chuck Schumer and Kirsten Gillebrand, and I have left messages that feel and sound so pathetically muted and hopeless,
"I would like to express my disappointment with our government's refusal to address this serious issue. As an American I am fully supportive of sensible gun control laws that limit magazines, assault weapons, and require a stringent registration and licensing."

It seems that I am wasting my time with this current administration at the helm. This sickness goes deep. Our president is a sick sick man. Our republican congress is a sick sick enabler of a sick sick man. We are a sick nation. Each day, we collectively awaken to another day of drifting through the hopelessness of the national project while the plutocrats continue to scheme and plan to amass ever greater wealth and power. They are currently "winning".

I know we are better than this. I have seen us turn away from every call to grow up and think of others and do good.
That includes our dismissal of Jimmy Carter, our dismissal of Al Gore, and our latest greatest dismissal of Hillary Clinton, which in turn has resulted in the diminishment of the legacy of Obama. We turn away from promise and possibility and good works and serious outreach because we are in turn nihilistic, bored, fatigued, hopeless, selfish, and in the case of republicans who sneer at intellectual accomplishment and the arts, ignorantly self-satisfied.

I think November 6, 2018, is our watershed election. The course will be set on November 7th. I pray that we decide to step back from this venal celebration of greed and hate currently infecting the government.
Boy do I ever pray that we step back . . . and start moving towards the light. It is solely up to us citizens to vote out this despicable crew of degenerates who are in the thrall of the NRA.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

JLT
Old School!

Post by JLT » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:31 am

Amskeptic wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:16 am

Donald Trump has only been able to conjure up a tweet thus far. Soon, Sarah Huckabee Sanders will likely release an official White House statement along the lines of "thoughts and prayers"
Immediately followed, of course, by "Now is not the time to be discussing this. Now is a time for mourning."

OK. But is this now the right time to talk about the last one, and the one before that, and the one before that?

I think you summed it up quite well, Colin.

I was going to post a link to my own thoughts about gun control, but discovered that I had done so back in October. What the hell ... I'll post it again: http://jayeltee.blogspot.com/2016/06/a- ... allen.html
-- JLT
Sacramento CA

Present bus: '71 Dormobile Westie "George"
(sometimes towing a '65 Allstate single-wheel trailer)
Former buses: '61 17-window Deluxe "Pink Bus"
'70 Frankenwestie "Blunder Bus"
'71 Frankenwestie "Thunder Bus"

airkooledchris
IAC Addict!

Post by airkooledchris » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:05 pm

If you are a gun owner, your kids should go to school with other families that are gun owners.

There's no reason to stick kids without gun toting families into the same schools. If you don't like that, don't own guns.
1979 California Transporter

TrollFromDownBelow
IAC Addict!

Post by TrollFromDownBelow » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:02 pm

I'm a very non-violent kinda guy. But I tell you this; I have budgeted, and planned for my wife and I each to get a CCW, buy said weapons, and make the effort to ensure we stay up to date, and to practice. What seemed so 1 in a million a decade ago seems like more 1 in 100 now...

FWIW, do not look forward to this...this is time out of my life I will have to train and learn...not out curiosity, or interest, but at this point, feel it is out of necessity. If I am going to carry a weapon that can take a life in a split second, then I need to be very, very confident, through practice and training that it will be second nature to me when the time presents itself. I would rather spend my time learning how to rebuild a type IV engine, or creating a hardtail chopper, or growing good tasting tomatoes. Instead, I have to revert backwards to a more basic instinct of preserving self and family.
1976 VW Bus aka tripod
FI ...not leaky, and not so noisy...and she runs awesome!
hambone wrote: There are those out there with no other aim but to bunch panties. It's like arguing with a pretzel.
::troll2::

satchmo
Old School!

Post by satchmo » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:08 am

TrollFromDownBelow wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:02 pm
I'm a very non-violent kinda guy. But I tell you this; I have budgeted, and planned for my wife and I each to get a CCW, buy said weapons, and make the effort to ensure we stay up to date, and to practice. What seemed so 1 in a million a decade ago seems like more 1 in 100 now...

FWIW, do not look forward to this...this is time out of my life I will have to train and learn...not out curiosity, or interest, but at this point, feel it is out of necessity. If I am going to carry a weapon that can take a life in a split second, then I need to be very, very confident, through practice and training that it will be second nature to me when the time presents itself. I would rather spend my time learning how to rebuild a type IV engine, or creating a hardtail chopper, or growing good tasting tomatoes. Instead, I have to revert backwards to a more basic instinct of preserving self and family.
Really? Your answer is MORE guns?

If there comes a time when personal gun ownership is requisite for a (probably false) sense of personal safety in the US, I'm moving. Most developed countries, other than the US, have evolved beyond an 18th century idea of firearms as a way to protect its citizens.

Satchmo
By three methods we may learn wisdom:
First, by reflection, which is noblest;
second, by immitation, which is easiest;
and third, by experience, which is bitterest. -Confucius

TrollFromDownBelow
IAC Addict!

Post by TrollFromDownBelow » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:56 am

satchmo wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:08 am
Really? Your answer is MORE guns?

If there comes a time when personal gun ownership is requisite for a (probably false) sense of personal safety in the US, I'm moving. Most developed countries, other than the US, have evolved beyond an 18th century idea of firearms as a way to protect its citizens.

Satchmo
Yup. Cat is out the bag so to speak....we're not going to stuff it back in. Guns are so prolific in U.S. society, don't think it can be reversed. Might be able to pass some laws about mental competency and the ability to purchase a gun that may help IF the laws don't get watered down, but as a whole, I don't see it getting better. Ever.

Since I can't change the situation, I'll have to adapt to it. Hadn't thought about moving.....although not sure where I would or could....it would take significant financial resources to do so in another developed country (I'm thinking Western Europe, Canada, Australia).
1976 VW Bus aka tripod
FI ...not leaky, and not so noisy...and she runs awesome!
hambone wrote: There are those out there with no other aim but to bunch panties. It's like arguing with a pretzel.
::troll2::

wcfvw69
Old School!

Post by wcfvw69 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:21 pm

Amskeptic wrote:

It seems that I am wasting my time with this current administration at the helm. This sickness goes deep. Our president is a sick sick man. Our republican congress is a sick sick enabler of a sick sick man.

This douchebag is the worst of the worst. I have no idea how he sleeps at night, swinging on Trump's nuts day after day.

X2 on the criticalness of kicking out not only the idiot republicans but also, the decades old career politicians who've accomplished nothing in office.
1970 Westfalia bus. Stock 1776 dual port type 1 engine. Restored German Solex 34-3. Restored 205Q distributor, restored to factory appearance engine.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:38 pm

wcfvw69 wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:21 pm
X2 on the criticalness of kicking out not only the idiot republicans but also, the decades old career politicians who've accomplished nothing in office.

Most horrified by Sarah Huckabee Sanders currently. How does she do it?
Colin

wcfvw69
Old School!

Post by wcfvw69 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:56 am

Amskeptic wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:38 pm
wcfvw69 wrote:

Colin
Clearly personal integrity and character are not traits required by the current white house staff... And, she's just gross. I have a hard time figuring out which eye to look at.
1970 Westfalia bus. Stock 1776 dual port type 1 engine. Restored German Solex 34-3. Restored 205Q distributor, restored to factory appearance engine.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:17 pm

wcfvw69 wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:56 am
Clearly personal integrity and character are not traits required by the current white house staff...
What is scary to me, is that this really is becoming the "new normal". Lying. Big gross certifiably untrue statements that fly in the face of established facts. Then the news cycle moves on.

Apparently, we have some patriotic Americans who are actually monitoring web traffic from Russia. Within 30 minutes of the Parkland story breaking, traffic increased exponentially. Within the hour, there Twitter accounts claiming that eyewitnesses were "crisis actors." A student, David Hogg, whose dad works (worked?) for the FBI was quickly the focus of the "crisis actor" story. Someone also went as far as to create a fake Classmates.com profile for him, complete with picture, to prove that he didn't live in Florida.

Now, who are these scumbags? Who are these hateful people who will stoop at anything to throw up smoke screens against the real tragedy of our kids getting killed in their own schools? And we had that republican pundit, Dinesh D’Souza who said, "Worst news since their parents told them to get summer jobs".

We have a country to save from these savagely ignorant idiots.
Colin

hippiewannabe
Old School!

Post by hippiewannabe » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:27 pm

wcfvw69 wrote:
Amskeptic wrote:

It seems that I am wasting my time with this current administration at the helm. This sickness goes deep. Our president is a sick sick man. Our republican congress is a sick sick enabler of a sick sick man.
.......X2 on the criticalness of kicking out not only the idiot republicans but also, the decades old career politicians who've accomplished nothing in office.
You do realize the Democrats held both branches of Congress, including a filibuster-proof majority in the Senate, for the first two years of the Obama presidency, don't you? During that time they passed not a single gun-control bill.
Truth is like poetry.
And most people fucking hate poetry.

hippiewannabe
Old School!

Post by hippiewannabe » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:33 pm

wcfvw69 wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:56 am
Amskeptic wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:38 pm
wcfvw69 wrote:

Colin
Clearly personal integrity and character are not traits required by the current white house staff... And, she's just gross. I have a hard time figuring out which eye to look at.
How very un-Woke of you. Bringing a woman's appearance into a political discussion is wrong, even if the object of your derision is a conservative.

I will confess, many years ago, I likened Nancy Pelosi's expression to "a 'possum eatin' shit off a hairbrush". That was inappropriate, and I regret it now.

Truth is like poetry.
And most people fucking hate poetry.

tommu
Old School!

Post by tommu » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:14 pm

hippiewannabe wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:27 pm
wcfvw69 wrote:
Amskeptic wrote:

.......X2 on the criticalness of kicking out not only the idiot republicans but also, the decades old career politicians who've accomplished nothing in office.
You do realize the Democrats held both branches of Congress, including a filibuster-proof majority in the Senate, for the first two years of the Obama presidency, don't you? During that time they passed not a single gun-control bill.
I don't think many would disagree with you. Perfect opportunity to implement some form of regulation over gun ownership and single payer health. I guess Obama was trying to be too collaborative with the other side of the house. I doubt they'll make that mistake again..