Living in trump world...

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

TrollFromDownBelow
IAC Addict!

Living in trump world...

Post by TrollFromDownBelow » Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:21 pm

I haven't seen any Hillary signs....let alone Johnson or Stein signs... in my neighborhood. Heck, some folks have 10x20 foot trump billboards in their yard lit up with landscaping lights (no, am not kidding). And I get it ... I live in the world of the 'angry white man' ... almost all automotive, blue collar workers. I'm not a huge Hillary fan, but I am going to vote for her on Tuesday. Every time I see a trump sign, I get annoyed, and a little enraged. I want to kick it down, or spray over it with black spray paint. Then I think, no, that's not right - they are just expressing their first amendment rights. But then I wonder .... what's going to be left of our first amendment rights if he gets into office? The race is tightening up, which does frighten me....the only solace I have is that we have a 3 branch government that will keep him in check if he gets elected.

I can see his appeal.... he's the maverick, he's not part of the political machine. But how can so many people look past his racism, his misogynistic views, his in ability to show true Leadership (e.g. restraint) ... it really blows my mind that there are so many people who are trump supporters. What also blows my mind is both his, and his supporters inability to deal with facts! This article says what I'm trying to say much more articulately...

http://www.freep.com/story/opinion/colu ... /93249860/

His values are not the values that should be the 'beacon' of this great country.
1976 VW Bus aka tripod
FI ...not leaky, and not so noisy...and she runs awesome!
hambone wrote: There are those out there with no other aim but to bunch panties. It's like arguing with a pretzel.
::troll2::

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Re: Living in trump world...

Post by Amskeptic » Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:20 am

TrollFromDownBelow wrote: His values are not the values that should be the 'beacon' of this great country.
As aren't the values of the republican congressmen who have already promised to institute impeachment proceedings against Hillary Clinton and have promised to hold up any consideration of any Supreme Court nominees after already stalling Obama's nominee months ago with that utter bullshit "let the people decide". Something desperately needs to be done to get these vituperative little haters to do their damn jobs for the good of the country.

It is up to us to petition Congress with serious demand. They are too far gone.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

wcfvw69
Old School!

Post by wcfvw69 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:24 am

Amskeptic wrote:
TrollFromDownBelow wrote: His values are not the values that should be the 'beacon' of this great country.
As aren't the values of the republican congressmen who have already promised to institute impeachment proceedings against Hillary Clinton and have promised to hold up any consideration of any Supreme Court nominees after already stalling Obama's nominee months ago with that utter bullshit "let the people decide". Something desperately needs to be done to get these vituperative little haters to do their damn jobs for the good of the country.

Colin
Did you see Bill Maher interview Obama this week? It's on youtube. Obama made a statement that I liked. When asked about being on his last months of his presidency, he said something to the effect of "the forefathers were right in that 8 years is enough time to serve and then get some new blood in the office". Too bad folks don't feel the same way with the congressman and senators who spend decades in their posts.
1970 Westfalia bus. Stock 1776 dual port type 1 engine. Restored German Solex 34-3. Restored 205Q distributor, restored to factory appearance engine.

hippiewannabe
Old School!

Post by hippiewannabe » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:07 pm

This just in: http://www.hometownlife.com/story/news/ ... /93433872/

I hadn't paid much attention, but after you brought it up, I noticed there weren't a lot of lawn signs in my neighborhood, but every one was for Trump. One person had a big 4' x 10' or so sign, which had been defaced by a Hillary supporter. Up in the hoity-toity area where my daughter lives, where the women are thinner and they drive foreign cars, the few signs were all Hillary.

Looks like it's much closer than expected.
Truth is like poetry.
And most people fucking hate poetry.

Bleyseng
IAC Addict!

Post by Bleyseng » Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:57 am

Amskeptic wrote:

Colin
Congress and the Senate now will team up with Trump. If you thought the Bush years were bad just wait for the coming economic collapse.
Geoff
77 Sage Green Westy- CS 2.0L-160,000 miles
70 Ghia vert, black, stock 1600SP,- 139,000 miles,
76 914 2.1L-Nepal Orange- 160,000+ miles
http://bleysengaway.blogspot.com/

vistacruzer
IAC Addict!

Post by vistacruzer » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:42 pm

I'm so sad and :scratch:
71 bench 1915
70 wide lowered body rag top 2056 type4 DTM nothing stock if I could touch it.
Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Mulcheese
Getting Hooked!

Post by Mulcheese » Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:28 pm

I am so so sad I feel like vomiting, all over this confusing crap!!!!!

My own kids think he is an ass, granted this influence comes from mom and dad.

My students think he is the next coming, again insert puke.

I am embarassed to have my children look up to a leader who takes our country backwards 60 years in equality.

:pukeright: :pukeright: :pukeright:
"attending to things in the moment with curiosity and acceptance."

asiab3
IAC Addict!

Post by asiab3 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:26 pm

Mulcheese wrote: I am embarassed to have my children look up to a leader who takes our country backwards 60 years in equality.
There is no law saying we have to look up to a president. It's usually ethical to give them SOME respect, but I usually find it worthwhile to give children reasons to look up to someone.

There's a fine line between raising respectful inquisitive minds and raising anarchists. :pirate:

Robbie
1969 bus, "Buddy."
145k miles with me.
322k miles on Earth.

Mulcheese
Getting Hooked!

Post by Mulcheese » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:24 am

asiab3 wrote: There is no law saying we have to look up to a president. It's usually ethical to give them SOME respect, but I usually find it worthwhile to give children reasons to look up to someone.

There's a fine line between raising respectful inquisitive minds and raising anarchists. :pirate:

Robbie
Much agreed Robbie that is why they think he is an ass. Its just sad that they cant!

So here it begins. This is all from the school I teach at. One day in and children decide to follow the Leader.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2016/11/1 ... vandalism/

http://www.startribune.com/maple-grove- ... 400703701/

http://blogs.mprnews.org/newscut/2016/1 ... e-racists/

:pukeright:
"attending to things in the moment with curiosity and acceptance."

asiab3
IAC Addict!

Post by asiab3 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:32 am

Damn.

We have 68 days head start.
1969 bus, "Buddy."
145k miles with me.
322k miles on Earth.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:33 am

Meanwhile, the inclusion of climate skeptic Myron Ebell on Trump's EPA transition team is a foreboding look at what is coming. Trent Lott, our old friend from the Bush years, has flown to Washington as the head of a lobbying firm to join in the shark scrum of jockeying for influence. Rudy Guliani is trying to sell himself as the next attorney general, God Help Us.

Trump's promise to drain the swamp has already sunk into the mire. His "five-point plan for ethics reform" has already bitten the dust, but don't worry, folks, he will just say, "I didn't say that." The republican/big business lobbyist gang is descending upon Lady Liberty to grope, to pillage, to rape, to shred the careful and largely successful progress that occurred during the Obama Administration.

They were given this opportunity by American voters who apparently did not like to pay attention in high school civics class, who still do not digest facts vs emotional appeals to lazy jingoism, and I will be merciless with those who diminish the cataclysm we have unleashed upon the future of this country and the world.

We are in for it, folks. It is painful and frightening to watch.
Colin

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Post by hambone » Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:58 pm

Very sad. Maybe the Cubs did it. Opened a rift.
And then Leonard Cohen.
This is a time for us to bond together. I fear it will get ugly out there.
http://greencascadia.blogspot.com
http://pdxvolksfolks.blogspot.com
it balances on your head just like a mattress balances on a bottle of wine
your brand new leopard skin pillbox hat

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:24 pm

hambone wrote:Very sad. Maybe the Cubs did it. Opened a rift.
And then Leonard Cohen.
This is a time for us to bond together. I fear it will get ugly out there.
I am listening to Leonard Cohen reading his own poetry to Philip Glass compositions, The Book of Longing.

Great stuff.
Colin

aopisa
Addicted!

Post by aopisa » Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:43 pm

Doesn't look like swamp will be drained. Already cozying up with lobbyists and GOP establishment for the new staff and administration. Getting set to repeal Dodd-Frank. Having his children run the blind trust and be part of the transition team. Hardly yet definition of a blind trust. Back peddling on the ACA now that someone told him how it actually works. Scrubbed the ban on Muslims from the campaign web site among other more controversial policies. Big bank stocks prices soaring. That's OK since the bank CEO's will take their huge bonuses and trickle it down to the masses. That's the way it's supposed to work, right? And what about that wall?

I'm afraid that all those that voted for him were duped.
1977 Westy 2.0L F.I.

Flow with whatever may happen and let your mind be free. Stay centered by accepting whatever you are doing. This is the ultimate. - Chuang Tzu

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:51 pm

aopisa wrote:Doesn't look like swamp will be drained. Already cozying up with lobbyists and GOP establishment for the new staff and administration. Getting set to repeal Dodd-Frank. Having his children run the blind trust and be part of the transition team. Hardly yet definition of a blind trust. Back peddling on the ACA now that someone told him how it actually works. Scrubbed the ban on Muslims from the campaign web site among other more controversial policies. Big bank stocks prices soaring. That's OK since the bank CEO's will take their huge bonuses and trickle it down to the masses. That's the way it's supposed to work, right? And what about that wall?

I'm afraid that all those that voted for him were duped.

Well, little Trumpster Fires . . . . welcome to the new boss, same as the old Bush Boss.
Oh, you fell for that "outsider" rhetoric? that "drain the swamp" rhetoric? Poor little idiots have voted for the fox again, and you blamed Obama for trying to save you?

Trump Insider Swamp Monster Short List

Steven Mnuchin

Campaign Fundraiser

Goldman Sachs executive, chairman of Dune Capital Management "Dodd-Frank banking regulation needs to be looked at."

Myron Ebell

Environmental Protection Agency transition

from the conservative Competitive Enterprise Institute, which has voiced the false view that man-made global warming is a hoax. Ebell has called for dismantling environmental protections and assigning international carbon-cutting agreements to the “dustbin of history.”

David Malpass

Treasury Department transition,

was Bear Stearns’ chief economist in the years before the firm’s 2008 collapse. A few months before the recession began, Malpass wrote a Wall Street Journal op-ed titled “Don’t Panic About the Credit Market. Housing and debt markets are not that big a part of the U.S. economy, or of job creation . . . "

Shirley Ybarra

Transportation Department transition,

has been a champion of “public-private partnerships” to build toll roads and bridges. A former Virginia state transportation secretary, Ybarra now works as a policy analyst with the libertarian-leaning Reason Foundation of conservative billionaires David and Charles Koch.

Michael Korbey

Social Security Administration staffing

is a former lobbyist who led President George W. Bush’s effort to privatize America’s retirement system.

Michael Torrey / Sid Miller

Agriculture Department

agribusiness lobbyist/Texas Agriculture Secretary
(Sid Miller called Hillary Clinton a c**t on Twitter)

Harold Hamm

Energy Secretary pick

oil billionaire and ceo of Continental Resources

and

Mike Catanzaro "energy issues"

lobbyist for Halliburton and Koch Industries

Mike McKenna

Energy Department transition

energy industry lobbyist who represents electricity and chemical companies

"Trump will be the first American President to achieve energy independence"
(except that Obama already has, billionaire idiots galore!)

Jeff Eisenach

Federal Communications Commission transition

a consultant and former lobbyist who has called for deregulation of the telecommunications industry

David Bernhardt

Interior Department

a top lawyer at the agency under President George W. Bush who represents mining companies seeking to use resources on federal lands and Indian reservations

Steven Hart

Labor Department transition

Lobbyist who focuses on tax and employee benefits