Wells Fargo 2016

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

wcfvw69
Old School!

Re: Wells Fargo 2016

Post by wcfvw69 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:05 am

Amskeptic wrote:
Bleyseng wrote:I just have 10k in the account and do the 12 transactions with no fees.
SO, Wells Fargo CEO is blaming the underlings for their troubles. Way to accept responsibility.
Colin
This is shocking how? What's disgusting is that piece of shit isn't being charged for stealing from his customers. He'll get whacked by Well Fargo's board of directors and then smile as he boards his personal private business jet on the way to his mansion in Hawaii with his $50 million plus golden parachute.

Someone remind me how many of the bankers who caused the 2008 financial and housing meltdown were brought up on charges? Oh that's right, one mid-level manager. I guess it kind of hard for congress and the senate to press charges against the CEO's who fund their election campaigns.

Any bets that Martin Winterkorn, VW's recently resigned CEO, won't be criminally charged for his part in the emissions scandal?
1970 Westfalia bus. Stock 1776 dual port type 1 engine. Restored German Solex 34-3. Restored 205Q distributor, restored to factory appearance engine.

asiab3
IAC Addict!

Post by asiab3 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:10 am

I don't know if Winterkorn explicitly knew of, and propagated, the emissions hacking. Stumpf seems to know exactly what is going on.
1969 bus, "Buddy."
145k miles with me.
322k miles on Earth.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:31 am

asiab3 wrote:I don't know if Winterkorn explicitly knew of, and propagated, the emissions hacking. Stumpf seems to know exactly what is going on.
[opinion ON]
I am pretty sure Winterkorn most definitely knew. He won the power struggle against Ferdinand Piëch.
Piëch resigned in disgust at where Volkswagen was going, and Winterkorn painted it as a "changing of the guard".
[opinion OFF]
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

wcfvw69
Old School!

Post by wcfvw69 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:11 pm

Amskeptic wrote:
asiab3 wrote:I don't know if Winterkorn explicitly knew of, and propagated, the emissions hacking. Stumpf seems to know exactly what is going on.
[opinion ON]
I am pretty sure Winterkorn most definitely knew. He won the power struggle against Ferdinand Piëch.
Piëch resigned in disgust at where Volkswagen was going, and Winterkorn painted it as a "changing of the guard".
[opinion OFF]
Yup, I totally agree. We all know he won't be held criminally accountable for his actions either.
1970 Westfalia bus. Stock 1776 dual port type 1 engine. Restored German Solex 34-3. Restored 205Q distributor, restored to factory appearance engine.

dingo
IAC Addict!

Post by dingo » Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:41 pm

yeah its quite the circle jerk of Corps, wall Street, central banks, Government. No one can unplug without dooming themselves. Government/politicos need funding, Wall Street needs freshly minted currency, Corps need government sanctioned monopolies...and round and round until the bearings run dry
'71 Kombi, 1600 dp

';78 Tranzporter 2L

" Fill what's empty, empty what's full, and scratch where it itches."

asiab3
IAC Addict!

Post by asiab3 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:53 pm

dingo wrote:yeah its quite the circle jerk of Corps, wall Street, central banks, Government. No one can unplug without dooming themselves.
I disagree.
See: Colin's travels.
1969 bus, "Buddy."
145k miles with me.
322k miles on Earth.

dingo
IAC Addict!

Post by dingo » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:57 am

I was actually referring to the co-dependancy of the above mentioned societal institutions...my wording was sloppy.
But yes indeed, Amskeptic is out there on the frontier, challenging the paradigms at every turn in the road....which is something i very much resonate with.
'71 Kombi, 1600 dp

';78 Tranzporter 2L

" Fill what's empty, empty what's full, and scratch where it itches."

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:12 pm

dingo wrote:I was actually referring to the co-dependancy of the above mentioned societal institutions...my wording was sloppy.
But yes indeed, Amskeptic is out there on the frontier, challenging the paradigms at every turn in the road....which is something i very much resonate with.
Oh, I'm doomed, all right.
ColinOneBeeInTheCoffeeCupFromDisaster

Bleyseng
IAC Addict!

Post by Bleyseng » Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:21 am

Amskeptic wrote:
[opinion ON]
[opinion OFF]
Yes, now this I have to agree on. Winterkorn was part of the group trying to get the Porsche family out of VW's management.
Geoff
77 Sage Green Westy- CS 2.0L-160,000 miles
70 Ghia vert, black, stock 1600SP,- 139,000 miles,
76 914 2.1L-Nepal Orange- 160,000+ miles
http://bleysengaway.blogspot.com/

MonoCone
Getting Hooked!

Post by MonoCone » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:09 am

Amskeptic wrote:[
Oh, I'm doomed, all right.
ColinOneBeeInTheCoffeeCupFromDisaster

And fasten your seat belt (assuming this picture was taken while driving)!
To Really Live You Must Go Back to the Mountains.
The Mountains are Where I Am and What I Am.
69 Westfalia 1600 DP; 2002 Eurovan Camper
When you elect a clown, expect a circus.

Formerly posted as OB Bus on this forum - many years ago....

hippiewannabe
Old School!

Post by hippiewannabe » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:32 pm

MonoCone wrote: And fasten your seat belt (assuming this picture was taken while driving)!
We've been over this. You can't jump out the window to avoid a head-on collision if you're wearing a seat belt.
Truth is like poetry.
And most people fucking hate poetry.

hippiewannabe
Old School!

Post by hippiewannabe » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:50 pm

There is nothing wrong with challenging sales goals per se, but it sounds like these were unreasonable, and based on negative reinforcement and brow-beating. And for Christ's sake, they're business majors making $35K a year who thought they would be doing banking, not phone sales.

I've been on quota for much of my career, and it's inconceivable that at least two levels of management didn't know it was going on. It would only take the bare minimum of scratch-and-sniff auditing to uncover crude cheating like that.

Very surprising, since Wells Fargo was much more conservative than most in their lending practices, and didn't get hurt by liar loans and sub-primes during the financial crisis.
Truth is like poetry.
And most people fucking hate poetry.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:28 am

hippiewannabe wrote:There is nothing wrong with challenging sales goals per se, but it sounds like these were unreasonable, and based on negative reinforcement and brow-beating. And for Christ's sake, they're business majors making $35K a year who thought they would be doing banking, not phone sales.

I've been on quota for much of my career, and it's inconceivable that at least two levels of management didn't know it was going on. It would only take the bare minimum of scratch-and-sniff auditing to uncover crude cheating like that.

Very surprising, since Wells Fargo was much more conservative than most in their lending practices, and didn't get hurt by liar loans and sub-primes during the financial crisis.

This is a natural result of being surrounded by a bad crowd. You finally get sucked in.

We have exactly this problem in Congress when it comes to money in politics.
Colin

wcfvw69
Old School!

Post by wcfvw69 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:24 pm

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companie ... ar-AAiS6Kn

And... he's out. The only thing left is to read the value of his golden parachute. At least the scandal cost him some money he had to forfeit.

wcfvw69
Old School!

Post by wcfvw69 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:40 pm

Update- the national news is reporting this CEO will exit Wells Fargo with close to $150 million. I can't recall which congressman said "if a $13 dollar an hour teller took $20 dollars they'd go to jail". Yet, this douche bag has no criminal charges against him. Unbelievable.