Gary Johnson

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

hippiewannabe
Old School!

Re: Gary Johnson

Post by hippiewannabe » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:10 pm

I happened to pick up the phone when I had a few minutes, so agreed to participate in a political survey. Trump? Disapprove. Clinton? Disapprove.
After giving those responses, they then asked who I would vote for. It seemed silly saying I would vote for someone I disapprove of, so I blurted out Johnson.

After I hung up I thought well, I'll actually vote for one of the two of them, because voting for Johnson is throwing away my vote.

But now I'm thinking a vote for Johnson is the best thing for the future. Michigan is reliably blue, thanks to a significant portion of the population that automatically goes over 90% straight Democrat ticket without thinking. So Clinton doesn't need my vote, and my vote won't help Trump. But maybe, just maybe, voting for Johnson will send a message to the Republican party that they need to get back to their roots of fiscal conservatism, personal responsibility, and personal liberty.

The religious right has a stranglehold on the primaries, but can't deliver the numbers in the general election, so it's time to move on. It's a tragedy that unborn humans aren't considered humans, and aren't afforded human rights independent of their mother. But it's over, and pro-life lost. There is such a huge number of people for which that is a red line issue, the Republicans have to let it go if they don't want to be exiled for a generation.
Truth is like poetry.
And most people fucking hate poetry.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Re: Gary Johnson

Post by Amskeptic » Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:49 am

hippiewannabe wrote:It's a tragedy that unborn humans aren't considered humans, and aren't afforded human rights independent of their mother.
Well, since they have to rely on their mother, we need to subsume their rights in the same way that we subsume a toddler's or an adolescent's rights to their parents.

It is also a tragedy that the government allows itself to insert the demands of a vocal minority into the private relationship between a person and his/her doctor to such an egregious degree. Looking around me, I see the unwanted children and their pathology when they are forced to grow up in a family where they were unexpected and unwelcomed.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles