Corrupt system

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

71whitewesty
Addicted!

Re: Corrupt system

Post by 71whitewesty » Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:18 pm

From the little I follow this thread, it appears to me that 72 hardtop is an old crumugoen. Probably won't be around to see the fallout of all this. His poor definition of a millennial and bias towards age discrimination is just simply unfortunate.
Face it folks, worst candidates ever and at this point it's picking between the worst of two evils. They both suck but Trump is an uncontrollable disaster. Anyone that has ever dealt with a personality like his understands this clearly.
But to the original topic of this I agree that the system is corrupt and needs a major overhaul so that we never end up with two candidates like this again, ever.
Any of you folks ever watch the reality shows Trump stared in? Did you ever think, " this guy should be president?". I didn't think so.

wcfvw69
Old School!

Post by wcfvw69 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:38 pm

71whitewesty wrote:From the little I follow this thread, it appears to me that 72 hardtop is an old crumugoen. Probably won't be around to see the fallout of all this. His poor definition of a millennial and bias towards age discrimination is just simply unfortunate.
Face it folks, worst candidates ever and at this point it's picking between the worst of two evils. They both suck but Trump is an uncontrollable disaster. Anyone that has ever dealt with a personality like his understands this clearly.
But to the original topic of this I agree that the system is corrupt and needs a major overhaul so that we never end up with two candidates like this again, ever.
Any of you folks ever watch the reality shows Trump stared in? Did you ever think, " this guy should be president?". I didn't think so.

This is so true. Have we EVER had such horrible choices as presidential candidates?

The OONNNLLLYY reason Trump has any traction at all is people are THAT sick of the same ole, same ole in Washington and are desperate to elect anyone who's not imbedded in Washington. What's also sad is that we are all focused on the wrong issue. The issue is we continue to re-elect congressman and senators who do nothing but bottleneck everything presented to them so they can protect the special interests who line their pockets and pay for their re-elections.

Washington is an embarrassment. Our political system is corrupt, broken and needs a massive overhaul before it completely fucks all Americans completely over. How much is the national deficit growing each day? Balanced budget? Election reform?

Can you imagine elected leaders in the house and senate who don't owe anyone for their elections and have integrity, honesty and morals? Do you really think the corporate corruption would be allowed to continue to run rampant? CEO's raising their annual salary's to $20m a year while raising an Epi-pen to $600 dollars? Hum.. I wonder how many folks Mylan paid off?

Folks, it's broken, badly.. I wish I was smart enough to have a solution..
1970 Westfalia bus. Stock 1776 dual port type 1 engine. Restored German Solex 34-3. Restored 205Q distributor, restored to factory appearance engine.

Squeebles
I'm New!

Post by Squeebles » Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:33 pm

asiab3 wrote:
I'm done playing your falsified, name calling, childish, and insulting games until you give one one scrap of evidence for ANY of the claims you have laid over the last four pages of drivel.

Robbie
There is no evidence, of course. You hung in a lot longer than I would have asiab3... this argument is an internet classic: facts vs. faith. Millenials = lazy and entitled. Snopes = too liberal. Charts showing military pay raises = questionable. Zero facts presented to rebut arguments, just faith-based bluster. Brings this to mind:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQCU36pkH7c

Speaking of bluster, Donald Trump is a clown of a candidate who insults the intelligence of the American voters daily with his endless shifting lines of bullshit and zero plans or facts. It is unsurprising that his supporters would be similar; it is surprising that there are so many of them. But he will lose this election and then we can be free of daily updates on his moronic utterances.
1977 VW Bus, 2.0 FI

72Hardtop
Old School!

Post by 72Hardtop » Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:09 pm

Just because Hillary has come this far doesn't mean she isn't crooked. She's as crooked as they come and sheltered by the corrupt system she's been nesting off of. Millions of others across this nation agree and it's why her numbers are so low given how far we are into the race.

Nothing Robbie posted is remotely close to being factual mere deflections, half-truths and redirects.

Who will win? Trump, because people are tired of Washington politics and Hillary has been a part of that mess for far to long. Trump on the other hand hasn't.

You guys are blind as bats. Keep staring at your monitors at sites who feed you nonsense and rhetoric pew. I watch none of that crap CNN, FOX, NBC, ABC, CBS, Snopes etc....they are all playing you folks.

Hate to tell you this Robbie but nothing I said is remotely childish and also nothing I wouldn't say to you or any other person face-face. It's the gods honest truth and I bet it hurts. Because it surely will come election day.
1972 Westy tintop
2056cc T-4 - 7.8:1 CR
Weber 40mm Duals - 47.5idles, 125mains, F11 tubes, 190 Air corr., 28mm Vents
96mm AA Biral P/C's w/Hastings rings
42x36mm Heads (AMC- Headflow Masters) w/Porsche swivel adjusters
71mm Stroke
Web Cam 73 w/matched Web lifters
S&S 4-1 exhaust w/Walker 17862 quiet-pack
Pertronix SVDA w/Pertronix module & Flamethrower 40K coil (7* initial 28* total @3200+)
NGK BP6ET plugs
002 3 rib trans
Hankook 185R14's

72Hardtop
Old School!

Post by 72Hardtop » Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:18 pm

Randy in Maine wrote:Well no one alive has been "more investigated" that Hillary by long shot over the past 20 years or more. None of them have found anything that would even remotely "stick" or they would have "stuck it" a long time ago.

Her judgement is a lot like mine in that in hindsight we may have done things a little differently now that we have seen it play out. That is a good thing though.

I am still trying to think of something about Trump that I like. And I can't.
Nonsense. Given how crooked the system is.
1972 Westy tintop
2056cc T-4 - 7.8:1 CR
Weber 40mm Duals - 47.5idles, 125mains, F11 tubes, 190 Air corr., 28mm Vents
96mm AA Biral P/C's w/Hastings rings
42x36mm Heads (AMC- Headflow Masters) w/Porsche swivel adjusters
71mm Stroke
Web Cam 73 w/matched Web lifters
S&S 4-1 exhaust w/Walker 17862 quiet-pack
Pertronix SVDA w/Pertronix module & Flamethrower 40K coil (7* initial 28* total @3200+)
NGK BP6ET plugs
002 3 rib trans
Hankook 185R14's

71whitewesty
Addicted!

Post by 71whitewesty » Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:09 am

I get all the frustration from both sides. Lots of folks are sick of Washington politics but it's incredible if anyone thinks Don is going to get things fixed up. That the biggest joke of all, seriously.
Other than the wall he is going to have Mexico pay for, what else will he do to "make it great...again".
What do you all think of all the small contractors he hired that never got paid or paid a fraction of the total after legal battles? That's not great for America, great for Don though. Nope, he's not making America great again folks, that part is up to each and every one of you every single day. I feel sorry for anyone that believes his BS.
Ok, I going out to make sure America is great today, I don't need Dons help either, ever.

wcfvw69
Old School!

Post by wcfvw69 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:34 am

71whitewesty wrote:I get all the frustration from both sides. Lots of folks are sick of Washington politics but it's incredible if anyone thinks Don is going to get things fixed up. That the biggest joke of all, seriously.
Other than the wall he is going to have Mexico pay for, what else will he do to "make it great...again".
What do you all think of all the small contractors he hired that never got paid or paid a fraction of the total after legal battles? That's not great for America, great for Don though. Nope, he's not making America great again folks, that part is up to each and every one of you every single day. I feel sorry for anyone that believes his BS.
Ok, I going out to make sure America is great today, I don't need Dons help either, ever.
My bet is he wins. Why? Because the vast majority of America is sick of Washington and the 1% who control them. I'm not suggesting that this is good, but rather, am implying that the hatred and frustration is that strong.

Honestly, what percent of America would be upset if during the next Presidential state of the union speech, a bomb went off and killed the majority of our congress and senate.. That would be an interesting poll!
1970 Westfalia bus. Stock 1776 dual port type 1 engine. Restored German Solex 34-3. Restored 205Q distributor, restored to factory appearance engine.

Jivermo
IAC Addict!

Post by Jivermo » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:40 am

Whew! First time I looked at this thread. A lot of pissin' in the wind, here, where all you get is a wet leg. I'm jumpin' back to engine head temps and oil pressure relief pistons and is Adrian good or bad; this stuff is bad for you.

Bleyseng
IAC Addict!

Post by Bleyseng » Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:13 am

176 reasons not to vote for Trump
src="//player.cnevids.com/embedjs/51097beb8ef9aff9f5000006/video/57d7682bb57ac36c95000074.js"></script>
Geoff
77 Sage Green Westy- CS 2.0L-160,000 miles
70 Ghia vert, black, stock 1600SP,- 139,000 miles,
76 914 2.1L-Nepal Orange- 160,000+ miles
http://bleysengaway.blogspot.com/

dingo
IAC Addict!

Post by dingo » Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:42 pm

Like everything else in the West, politics has been hollowed out, turned into a ‘Punch vs. Judy’ spectacle that plays out in the media. Small-d-democracy is given lip service and nothing more, all the important decisions are made out of sight by ‘others’: as George Carlin famously remarked, “It’s a club and you aren’t in it.” Our representative system has devolved into a shopping network for cartels. Because politics are conversations intended to build consensus and resolve disputes they are an anathema to the tycoons and the system that enables them. Consensus cannot be compelled from the top only apathy and a grudging acceptance. Allowing the citizens their own initiatives is dangerous, they might balk at taking on the tycoons’ obligations. This would leave the tycoons to meet the obligations themselves, they would all go broke! The strategy is for the bosses to trivialize everything within reach, to boil away the character of resolution leaving a scrim of incomprehensible noise. The current US election campaign is a perfect example: billions are spent on marketing with winner certain to be ‘none of the above’.

-steve ludlum
'71 Kombi, 1600 dp

';78 Tranzporter 2L

" Fill what's empty, empty what's full, and scratch where it itches."

asiab3
IAC Addict!

Post by asiab3 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:27 pm

Bleyseng wrote:176 reasons not to vote for Trump
src="//player.cnevids.com/embedjs/51097beb8ef9aff9f5000006/video/57d7682bb57ac36c95000074.js"></script>
That link doesn't work, but here is a link where you can watch the video in question:
http://www.mediaite.com/online/keith-ol ... ald-trump/
1969 bus, "Buddy."
145k miles with me.
322k miles on Earth.

Bleyseng
IAC Addict!

Post by Bleyseng » Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:33 am

This says it all about Trump.
GQ journalist Drew Magary just penned a brutal takedown of Republican nominee Donald Trump and all of his supporters in an amusing and accurate – if rather profane – fashion.

Because while Trump is a miserable bastard, YOU are the people who have handed him the bullhorn. YOU are the people willing to embarrass this nation and put it on the brink of economic ruin all because you wanna throw an electoral hissy fit. YOU are the people who want to revolutionize the way America does business by voting for its worst businessman, a disgusting neon pig who only makes money when he causes problems for other people instead of solving them. YOU are the thin-skinned yokels who clutch your bandoliers whenever someone hurls the mildest of slurs at you (“deplorables”), while cheering Trump on as he leaves a bonfire of truly hateful invective everywhere he goes. YOU are the people willing to overlook the fact that Trump is an unqualified, ignorant sociopath because HILLARY IS BAD TOO Trump is human waste. He is the worst of America stuffed into a nacho cheese casing, and he is emblematic of the kind of arrogant, flag-waving, trashy, racist moron that the rest of us have to DRAG kicking and screaming into the 21st century: Cliven Bundy, Sean Hannity, Kim Davis, and on and on and on. Trump voters are the people who have spent the past decade or so voting insipid obstructionists into office, sending death threats to anyone who even mentions the idea of gun control, demanding 100% tax cuts on millions of dollars they can only daydream about making, and getting suckered in by any Oil Party candidate waving a NO GAYS flag. Fuck them. These are needy hillbilly loons who are just as starved for attention as Trump himself. And voting for Trump is their way of emulating him, of saying FUCK YOU to everyone else as a mission statement, with no regard for the fallout If you vote for him, you’re not making America great again. You are killing it. You are telling the world that America isn’t worth it. You are telling the world that all of our big talk about freedom and unity and ideals is just a load of shit, and that you would prefer a smoldering dystopia where freedom is just a flimsy cover for evildoing, led by a man who believes that strength is measured only in killing people. You are handing the most important job on Earth to Napoleon from Animal Farm. And you are revealing your breathtaking ignorance to everyone except for yourself. I can’t believe you can’t see this. I want you to see this. I wanna shine a big fucking light in your face and scream at you that Trump isn’t even qualified to be human, much less President. How are you gonna change the system if you elect some corrupt idiot who has no clue how to DO IT, huh? Can’t you see this? Haven’t you heard this asshole talk? THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?

But I already know that’s a futile effort. So fuck you, and fuck the GOP leaders who are too chickenshit to stand up to you. I’m not gonna wish deportation or imprisonment or some kind of fantastical hyperbolic death upon you. I’m not gonna ask for a wall to be built on the Mason-Dixon line. No no, I think you people deserve the EXACT same fate as Trump himself, and that is to lose, badly. That’s what should happen to you. You and your hamburger puppet leader deserve to live the rest of your days arm-in-arm in disgrace, branded as losers for eternity. Because that’s what you are.
Geoff
77 Sage Green Westy- CS 2.0L-160,000 miles
70 Ghia vert, black, stock 1600SP,- 139,000 miles,
76 914 2.1L-Nepal Orange- 160,000+ miles
http://bleysengaway.blogspot.com/

Squeebles
I'm New!

Post by Squeebles » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:50 pm

That's a great rant, covers all the bases. This one sentence really gets at most peoples' lame reasoning for supporting this fraud:
Bleyseng wrote:YOU are the people willing to overlook the fact that Trump is an unqualified, ignorant sociopath because HILLARY IS BAD TOO
1977 VW Bus, 2.0 FI

phaedrus76
Getting Hooked!

Post by phaedrus76 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:54 pm

I could not agree more with the points Drew Magary made and even his tone of delivery. Supporting Trump as a candidate isn't an "alternate viewpoint", it shows a kind of willful ignorance and demonstrates belief in a distorted worldview that borders on psychosis. Fools.
76 Sage Green Deluxe Westy w/ manual trans.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:29 pm

72Hardtop wrote:Just because Hillary has come this far doesn't mean she isn't crooked. She's as crooked as they come and sheltered by the corrupt system she's been nesting off of.

Please provide an example of her crookedness. I will research it for validity.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles