Corrupt system

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Randy in Maine
IAC Addict!

Re: Corrupt system

Post by Randy in Maine » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:09 am

A wall at the border is not going to happen.
Mexico paying for it is also not going to happen.
11 million people in a concentration camp waiting to be deported is also not going to happen.
Telling our military to become war criminals and to torture people is also not going to happen.

We need real workable solutions to some complicated problems that we have in this country. If the donald really has a thought out plan, I hope he will share it with us before November.

Choose the next president wisely. It really does matter.
79 VW Bus

72Hardtop
Old School!

Post by 72Hardtop » Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:23 pm

1. It can happen....very easily

2. Again....not difficult at all.

3. 11 million people can certainly stay elsewhere. Not difficult.

4. Telling them to win and they have our support 110% can happen easily as well.

The direction the boat has been headed has never been clearer given how long the current brotherhood has been at the helm. Time to throw the current establishment out and give someone who's not been a part of it a chance.
1972 Westy tintop
2056cc T-4 - 7.8:1 CR
Weber 40mm Duals - 47.5idles, 125mains, F11 tubes, 190 Air corr., 28mm Vents
96mm AA Biral P/C's w/Hastings rings
42x36mm Heads (AMC- Headflow Masters) w/Porsche swivel adjusters
71mm Stroke
Web Cam 73 w/matched Web lifters
S&S 4-1 exhaust w/Walker 17862 quiet-pack
Pertronix SVDA w/Pertronix module & Flamethrower 40K coil (7* initial 28* total @3200+)
NGK BP6ET plugs
002 3 rib trans
Hankook 185R14's

MonoCone
Getting Hooked!

Post by MonoCone » Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:40 pm

Clearly if Donald says so it must be true. Facts or reality are not pertinent in the discussion of anything Trump says.
To Really Live You Must Go Back to the Mountains.
The Mountains are Where I Am and What I Am.
69 Westfalia 1600 DP; 2002 Eurovan Camper
When you elect a clown, expect a circus.

Formerly posted as OB Bus on this forum - many years ago....

Bleyseng
IAC Addict!

Post by Bleyseng » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:46 pm

Randy in Maine wrote: If the donald really has a thought out plan, I hope he will share it with us before November.

Donald has not thought out a plan other than the same old GOP tax cuts for himself. He is part of the problem of the 1% running this country into the ground to enrichen themselves until all the blood (money) is in their hands just like Venezuela or Suriname where I have seen it firsthand.
Geoff
77 Sage Green Westy- CS 2.0L-160,000 miles
70 Ghia vert, black, stock 1600SP,- 139,000 miles,
76 914 2.1L-Nepal Orange- 160,000+ miles
http://bleysengaway.blogspot.com/

72Hardtop
Old School!

Post by 72Hardtop » Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:07 pm

Bleyseng wrote:
Randy in Maine wrote: If the donald really has a thought out plan, I hope he will share it with us before November.

Donald has not thought out a plan other than the same old GOP tax cuts for himself. He is part of the problem of the 1% running this country into the ground to enrichen themselves until all the blood (money) is in their hands just like Venezuela or Suriname where I have seen it firsthand.
Venezuela and Suriname are what I consider openly corrupt heavily socialized-tyrant run countries. Donald is the best chance currently at getting the boat going in a different direction. I had enough of the Clintons during the last run and I was not impressed to say the least. I did not receive a single pay raise while serving during those Clinton years and they were a huge set back in terms of military, defense and Intelligence spending cuts. She has zero credibility.
1972 Westy tintop
71mm Stroke
Pertronix SVDA w/Pertronix module & Flamethrower 40K coil (7* initial 28* total @3200+)
NGK BP6ET plugs
002 3 rib trans
Hankook 185R14's

MonoCone
Getting Hooked!

Post by MonoCone » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:48 pm

72Hardtop wrote:
I had enough of the Clintons during the last run and I was not impressed to say the least. I did not receive a single pay raise while serving during those Clinton years and the were a huge set back in terms of military, defense and Intelligence spending cuts. She has zero credibility.
Bill Clinton was in office 92-2000.
Were you active duty during those years? There was a military pay raise in every one of those years, ranging from 2.2% to 4.2%.
Were you Federal Civil Service? There was a pay raise every one of those years ranging from 2.4% to 4.2%.

Credibility?

Bleyseng
IAC Addict!

Post by Bleyseng » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:25 am

I would love to see spending cuts in the bloated military! Nearly one billion a year in spending is our Black Hole in Government spending not SS, Obamacare, welfare, Food Stamps etc...
Trump will send us back to the GOP/Bush years of crazy fiscal policy on deep tax cuts, increased military spending and deficits.
Geoff

Happyfolk
Getting Hooked!

Post by Happyfolk » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:05 am

http://theantimedia.org/jill-stein-pard ... n-cabinet/

Jill Stein (Green Party) sounds like she'd shake things up if elected. She'd make a much better first woman president than Hillary.
79 CA FI Westy
Mexico Beige
"Sandy"

72Hardtop
Old School!

Post by 72Hardtop » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:20 am

MonoCone wrote:
72Hardtop wrote:
I had enough of the Clintons during the last run and I was not impressed to say the least. I did not receive a single pay raise while serving during those Clinton years and the were a huge set back in terms of military, defense and Intelligence spending cuts. She has zero credibility.
Were you active duty during those years? There was a military pay raise in every one of those years, ranging from 2.2% to 4.2%.
Were you Federal Civil Service? There was a pay raise every one of those years ranging from 2.4% to 4.2%.

Credibility?
1986-1996 (Active duty- 2 reserves)...and no there were no raises during Clintons terms still have my Leave & Earnings statements showing none, nadda, zip...
1972 Westy tintop
71mm Stroke
NGK BP6ET plugs
002 3 rib trans
Hankook 185R14's

72Hardtop
Old School!

Post by 72Hardtop » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:22 am

Bleyseng wrote:I would love to see spending cuts in the bloated military! Nearly one billion a year in spending is our Black Hole in Government spending not SS, Obamacare, welfare, Food Stamps etc...
Trump will send us back to the GOP/Bush years of crazy fiscal policy on deep tax cuts, increased military spending and deficits.
In light of the global terrorism war going on it would be foolish to cut military & intelligence spending. One only has o go back to Clintons terms to see the harm cutting did.
1972 Westy tintop
71mm Stroke
NGK BP6ET plugs
002 3 rib trans
Hankook 185R14's

72Hardtop
Old School!

Post by 72Hardtop » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:25 am

Bleyseng wrote:I would love to see spending cuts in the bloated military! Nearly one billion a year in spending is our Black Hole in Government spending not SS, Obamacare, welfare, Food Stamps etc...
Deficits? You mean the Trillions of debt Obama has added since he's been in office ~ 10+ Trillion and counting. Not including the cost of running an already over bloated unaffordable care act that is slipping away.

Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid alone count for more spending than military spending.
1972 Westy tintop
71mm Stroke
NGK BP6ET plugs
002 3 rib trans
Hankook 185R14's

Bleyseng
IAC Addict!

Post by Bleyseng » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:43 am

SS, 50% of Medicare are paid for by our payroll taxes. The Military is paid for out of Federal taxes so it can be cut and $630 billion is a huge hole.

So we are back to this BS that we need to cut ACA which is saving money? I am all for the Government option and getting rid of the Insurance Company's scam of making huge profits on our heath care insurance.
Geoff

Bleyseng
IAC Addict!

Post by Bleyseng » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:49 am

72Hardtop wrote:
Deficits? You mean the Trillions of debt Obama has added since he's been in office ~ 10+ Trillion and counting. Not including the cost of running an already over bloated unaffordable care act that is slipping away.

Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid alone count for more spending than military spending.

Obama has added $6.49 trillion to the deficit (a 56% increase while Bush added $5.8 trillion (a 101% increase from Clinton).
So it cost money to "Fix" the US economy ruined by Bush and Wall Street. Are you better off now or in 2008 the financial crisis?
Geoff

MonoCone
Getting Hooked!

Post by MonoCone » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:53 am

72Hardtop wrote:
MonoCone wrote:
72Hardtop wrote:

Credibility?
1986-1996 (Active duty- 2 reserves)...and no there were no raises during Clintons terms still have my Leave & Earnings statements showing none, nadda, zip...
If you did not get between a 2-4% raise (cost of living) adjustment each of those years you may have a claim against your Branch. (Assuming the Statute of Limitations is still open.)

Here are the charts....

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... XVNXJKsujw

72Hardtop
Old School!

Post by 72Hardtop » Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:56 am

Bleyseng wrote:SS, 50% of Medicare are paid for by our payroll taxes. The Military is paid for out of Federal taxes so it can be cut and $630 billion is a huge hole.

So we are back to this BS that we need to cut ACA which is saving money? I am all for the Government option and getting rid of the Insurance Company's scam of making huge profits on our heath care insurance.

Payroll taxes and federal taxes. Federal taxes come out of payroll. A sizeable portion of Medicare is never paid for at all much like everything else today. The ACA is indeed anything but affordable. It does not save money at all. Talk to anyone in healthcare and they will tell you that. If there's anything I've learned from all the years working in government it's when government says we're here to help....run. The government couldn't run a whore house full of whores.
1972 Westy tintop
71mm Stroke
NGK BP6ET plugs
002 3 rib trans
Hankook 185R14's