Go Trump!

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

TrollFromDownBelow
IAC Addict!

Go Trump!

Post by TrollFromDownBelow » Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:12 pm

NOT! :bootyshake:

But someone said nothing happens in Free Speech anymore, so thought I might shake it up a bit.

I can tell you, this is the first time I have ever voted in a primary election, and I voted in the Republican primary expressly so I could vote against him.

That being said, I would be amused to here from anyone on this forum who thinks he would be a good POTUS and why.

I also wish Hilary and Bernie would start singing Kumbaya together. Although, if there is a quasi serious third party candidate, I may well vote for them. This has been a depressing campaign season.
1976 VW Bus aka tripod
FI ...not leaky, and not so noisy...and she runs awesome!
hambone wrote: There are those out there with no other aim but to bunch panties. It's like arguing with a pretzel.
::troll2::

wcfvw69
Old School!

Re: Go Trump!

Post by wcfvw69 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:50 pm

Trump is a douchebag, plan and simple. I lean towards conservative and there's NO WAY I'd vote for him. I like what Bill Maher says about him.. "He's a whiny little bitch".. I've never seen such an entitled, narcissistic, racist, clueless person get so far in the elections before.

Honestly, I'd vote for Bernie over him or lying Hillary. I think the fact that Trump has gotten as far as he has, speaks volumes about how sick and tired we are w/the idiots in Washington. People are tired of the same ole, same ole, corrupt system in this country. It's all controlled by the richest people in the country who only have their best interests at heart. Whatever happened to term limits for the senate and congress?
1970 Westfalia bus. Stock 1776 dual port type 1 engine. Restored German Solex 34-3. Restored 205Q distributor, restored to factory appearance engine.

MonoCone
Getting Hooked!

Post by MonoCone » Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:18 pm

A while back I was a big supporter of Ross Perot who ran on many of the themes that Dickhead Donald uses. A mega rich person running against the system, was an outsider, etc. The support for Perot vaporized when is became obvious that he was a nut case. Trump reconfirms that he is a nut case on almost a daily basis but a third or more of the voters still think he is God's gift to America.

*Sigh*
To Really Live You Must Go Back to the Mountains.
The Mountains are Where I Am and What I Am.
69 Westfalia 1600 DP; 2002 Eurovan Camper
When you elect a clown, expect a circus.

Formerly posted as OB Bus on this forum - many years ago....

airkooledchris
IAC Addict!

Post by airkooledchris » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:49 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BP-l40WEGNo

This is what I imagine most Trump supporters/rally's are like
1979 California Transporter

dingo
IAC Addict!

Post by dingo » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:41 pm

yes, but i think you guys oversimplify...Trump shoots from the hip, lotsa random nonsense indeed, but also clearly doesnt give a fuck what others think or say about him..and THAT is quite attractive to those who are tired of being told how to think by PC cultural brainwash. 'He is a culmination, not an abberation'

Personally, im voting for Ross Perot
'71 Kombi, 1600 dp

';78 Tranzporter 2L

" Fill what's empty, empty what's full, and scratch where it itches."

airkooledchris
IAC Addict!

Post by airkooledchris » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:06 pm

it's just hard to get a read on what he even wants, really. he's all over the map changing his mind to appease the masses from one standpoint to another. he apparently does care what others think, once someone reminds him that his recent comments will prevent him from getting __________ whatever the hell this idiot wants.
1979 California Transporter

hippiewannabe
Old School!

Post by hippiewannabe » Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:24 am

When Colin veered the dinner conversation towards politics with a simple "so who are you going to vote for?", the answer was an emphatic "Oh gaaawwwd". I'm sure greasy Hillary will win, and she's probably the safest choice.

But then there's this:

Truth is like poetry.
And most people fucking hate poetry.

TrollFromDownBelow
IAC Addict!

Post by TrollFromDownBelow » Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:15 am

There are rumblings again that may the GOP may not support Trump at the Republican National Convention. Trump has vowed to run independent if they don't back him. Come to think of it, a three way race would be very interesting....it would also be interesting who the GOP would endorse.
1976 VW Bus aka tripod
hambone wrote: There are those out there with no other aim but to bunch panties. It's like arguing with a pretzel.

asiab3
IAC Addict!

Post by asiab3 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:21 pm

TrollFromDownBelow wrote:There are rumblings again that may the GOP may not support Trump at the Republican National Convention. Trump has vowed to run independent if they don't back him. Come to think of it, a three way race would be very interesting....it would also be interesting who the GOP would endorse.
I would LOVE to see that, combined with the Green Party's endorsement of Bernie Sanders. I think a FOUR candidate race would completely throw a wrench in the two party "majority needed" system. I think my support of certain candidates this season was more enticed by their out-of-the-box campaign than by some of their ideas. The death of the two-party system is something I hope to see in my lifetime.

Robbie
1969 bus, "Buddy."
145k miles with me.
322k miles on Earth.

hippiewannabe
Old School!

Post by hippiewannabe » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:27 pm

asiab3 wrote:
TrollFromDownBelow wrote:There are rumblings again that may the GOP may not support Trump at the Republican National Convention. Trump has vowed to run independent if they don't back him. Come to think of it, a three way race would be very interesting....it would also be interesting who the GOP would endorse.
I would LOVE to see that, combined with the Green Party's endorsement of Bernie Sanders. I think a FOUR candidate race would completely throw a wrench in the two party "majority needed" system. I think my support of certain candidates this season was more enticed by their out-of-the-box campaign than by some of their ideas. The death of the two-party system is something I hope to see in my lifetime.

Robbie
I'd go along with that, as long as you added a run-off between the top two candidates if nobody got more than 50% of the vote. Last time there was a serious independent, Ross Perot took enough of the Republican support to hand the election to Clinton, who managed to attract only 42% of the voters.
Truth is like poetry.
And most people fucking hate poetry.

asiab3
IAC Addict!

Post by asiab3 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:19 am

hippiewannabe wrote: I'd go along with that, as long as you added a run-off between the top two candidates if nobody got more than 50% of the vote. Last time there was a serious independent, Ross Perot took enough of the Republican support to hand the election to Clinton, who managed to attract only 42% of the voters.
That sounds reasonable enough, but how would that be much different than this current election cycle where two parties have contested through the entire Democratic primary, and for a large part of the Republican primary as well? I know how I would answer this, but I'm more curious to hear your thoughts. I'm admittedly young, and have only cared to learn about our political standings very recently. (You think this forum had much to do with it? Yeah, you're right!)

Robbie
1969 bus, "Buddy."
145k miles with me.
322k miles on Earth.

MonoCone
Getting Hooked!

Post by MonoCone » Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:36 pm

asiab3 wrote:

Robbie
With a 4-party race you could end up with no one getting a majority and then the election would go to the House. The Republican controlled house. Then what....Nutty Donald? Teddy Cruz? Could be anyone.
To Really Live You Must Go Back to the Mountains.
The Mountains are Where I Am and What I Am.
69 Westfalia 1600 DP; 2002 Eurovan Camper
When you elect a clown, expect a circus.

Formerly posted as OB Bus on this forum - many years ago....

asiab3
IAC Addict!

Post by asiab3 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:04 pm

MonoCone wrote: With a 4-party race you could end up with no one getting a majority and then the election would go to the House. The Republican controlled house. Then what....Nutty Donald? Teddy Cruz? Could be anyone.
I think for a broken system to get fixed, those in charge must realize and admit that the system is broken. Perhaps this could be a way for that to happen?

Robbie
1969 bus, "Buddy."
145k miles with me.
322k miles on Earth.

wcfvw69
Old School!

Post by wcfvw69 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:00 pm

asiab3 wrote:
MonoCone wrote: With a 4-party race you could end up with no one getting a majority and then the election would go to the House. The Republican controlled house. Then what....Nutty Donald? Teddy Cruz? Could be anyone.
I think for a broken system to get fixed, those in charge must realize and admit that the system is broken. Perhaps this could be a way for that to happen?

Robbie
That's the problem Robbie. The system is benefiting THEM. They and their rich buddies with their special interests who fund their election campaigns believe things are just fine the way they are. Look at how wide the gap continues to grow between the rich and poor and the diminishing middle class, especially over the past 30-40 years. Look at the national deficit size and how far it's gotten out of control with no end in sight to its continuing growth.

There's a reason that Bernie and Trump have been the darlings this election season. They were/are viewed as outside of the NORM for Washington and it's same ole, same ole bullshit. Sadly, I just don't see things changing anytime soon. These douche bags get elected to Washington with promises of "change" and fall right in line with the career idiots who've done nothing but screw up this country.

Something drastic is going to have to happen for any real change to take place in Washington. Term limits for congress and the senate are something that has to take place. I'm watching John McCain reelection commercials here in Arizona. I want to throw up in my mouth. We really need to re-elect this man who's been in office for 29 years.. 29 years.. Fuck, he's 79 years old as well and certainly doesn't want to let go of the power and limelite.

I was hoping the animosity Americans have for these career politicians would translate into a movement to start funding an effort to get these career politicians defeated the next time they run for re-election.

Until we flush all the career politicians out of Washington and change the process in how they get elected, I don't see any changes taking place anytime soon.
1970 Westfalia bus. Stock 1776 dual port type 1 engine. Restored German Solex 34-3. Restored 205Q distributor, restored to factory appearance engine.

TrollFromDownBelow
IAC Addict!

Post by TrollFromDownBelow » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:01 pm

IMHO - saying we need term limits is adjudicating our responsibility to vote for the best candidate. I don't want some arbitrary law eliminating someone who could be a really good choice for me.

Now, if you are implying that the current process wherein the political parties create their voting districts, so that each party has a 'lock' on its own self created little fiefdom.....that is an argument I can get behind.
1976 VW Bus aka tripod