The Big Short Movie

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

wcfvw69
Old School!

The Big Short Movie

Post by wcfvw69 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:57 am

So, I took the GF to see this movie last night. To say I walked out of the theater angry would be a massive understatement. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that NO ONE except one underling went to jail. To incense us further, the big banks are now starting to do the same thing this year that caused the housing collapse of 2007-2008.

Now, what I don't understand is why the American public hasn't raised a royal fit over this abomination of greed, corruption and "same ole, same ole" mentality of wall street? Why we've never gotten traction to install term limits for congress and the senate? Why we don't have more say when those assholes vote to give themselves life time pay, insurance and raises when they feel like it.

How do we, the average American people get some momentum to stop this? Clearly, the politicians are supported and elected by big business or the 1% of the richest Americans. These same contributors are the crooks running the banks and other financial institutions. As we are seeing already, this years candidates for President are another repeat of the same ole, same ole. Nothing will change no matter who's elected as long as the electoral process stays the same.

I guess I'm just venting but it would be amazing to actually have someone with wealth get a grass roots effort going to start and address and correct what 99% of Americans are tired of.
1970 Westfalia bus. Stock 1776 dual port type 1 engine. Restored German Solex 34-3. Restored 205Q distributor, restored to factory appearance engine.

dingo
IAC Addict!

Re: The Big Short Movie

Post by dingo » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:46 pm

yeah you nailed it...as echoed in the Bill Moyers post, its a complete systemic dead-end. No tweaks or bandaids will make it better...no wealthy benefactor or extraterrestrial overlords can help us..its 'engine out' time and a new paradigm and way of life is called for. those at the top live off 'status quo' and only jump or shift when the masses flex collective muscle....thats the way its always been, we have just forgotten and/or distracted by techno-gizmos.
'71 Kombi, 1600 dp

';78 Tranzporter 2L

" Fill what's empty, empty what's full, and scratch where it itches."

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:09 pm

dingo wrote:yeah you nailed it...as echoed in the Bill Moyers post, its a complete systemic dead-end. No tweaks or bandaids will make it better...no wealthy benefactor or extraterrestrial overlords can help us..its 'engine out' time and a new paradigm and way of life is called for. those at the top live off 'status quo' and only jump or shift when the masses flex collective muscle....thats the way its always been, we have just forgotten and/or distracted by techno-gizmos.
We are indeed distracted and comfortable. When the pain reaches our consciousness, we Americans can refer to a rich history of taking to the streets. The sooner the better . . . [tin hat on] before "they" unleash millions of secretly manufactured attack drones on the public and actually kill this Experiment in Democracy.[/tinhat off]
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

dingo
IAC Addict!

Post by dingo » Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:14 pm

" Reforming the Empire is fantasy, and well-paid pandering pundits know it. But the faux-earnest appeals for "reform" make for good copy and even better PR.

Any serious reform has to start with the dissolution of the existing political parties and the Federal Reserve and the reining in of the Deep State. Anything less is self-serving, pandering fantasy . "

CH Smith (OfTwoMinds)
'71 Kombi, 1600 dp

';78 Tranzporter 2L

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:21 pm

dingo wrote:" Reforming the Empire is fantasy, Any serious reform has to start with the dissolution of the existing political parties and the Federal Reserve and the reining in of the Deep State. Anything less is self-serving, pandering fantasy . "
CH Smith (OfTwoMinds)
So, what does it look like, exactly, witnessing the dissolution of the existing political parties, the Federal Reserve, and this here reining in of the Deep State?

Does it happen by congressional decree, by crazy gunslinger tinpot coup?
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

dingo
IAC Addict!

Post by dingo » Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:46 pm

Hows it all gonna go down ? Whos gonna win the SuperBowl ? Who knows....? Fill yer tinpot with popcorn and enjoy the game !
'71 Kombi, 1600 dp

';78 Tranzporter 2L

Bleyseng
IAC Addict!

Post by Bleyseng » Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:41 am

Well, the gun nuts have taken over a federal building in Oregon and plan to hold out there until ???? What Kookaid do these idiots drink as I want to avoid it at all costs...
Maybe a fly over with A10's will wake them up....or send in the Expendables!
Geoff
77 Sage Green Westy- CS 2.0L-160,000 miles
70 Ghia vert, black, stock 1600SP,- 139,000 miles,
76 914 2.1L-Nepal Orange- 160,000+ miles
http://bleysengaway.blogspot.com/

Spezialist

Post by Spezialist » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:54 pm

Economic warfare is the ww3 of the now.