The House I Live In.

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

glasseye
IAC Addict!

The House I Live In.

Post by glasseye » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:51 am

Following the recent legalization votes in CO and WA, this doc should stir things up a little.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Icq9oTKF0BY
"This war will pay for itself."
Paul Wolfowitz, speaking of Iraq.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Re: The House I Live In.

Post by Amskeptic » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:30 am

glasseye wrote:Following the recent legalization votes in CO and WA, this doc should stir things up a little.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Icq9oTKF0BY
Where can we catch the feature?
Colinm
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

Bleyseng
IAC Addict!

Post by Bleyseng » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:32 pm

Its not on piratebay yet so you can't download it. It was released Oct 5,2012 so maybe in a theater near you now.
I have always felt the whole war on drugs was a scam. It creates jobs/money for judges, lawyers, prison personal. It ruins people lives and rehabilitation is where the money should be spent not incarceration.
Geoff
77 Sage Green Westy- CS 2.0L-160,000 miles
70 Ghia vert, black, stock 1600SP,- 139,000 miles,
76 914 2.1L-Nepal Orange- 160,000+ miles
http://bleysengaway.blogspot.com/

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:07 pm

The feature would appear to be available on Netflix.

Personally, I think all drugs should be legalized. Meth, heroin, crack, coke, and on down the line. You name it, legalize it. Drug use on the user level isn't a criminal problem, it's a health problem. It is that simple.

Bleyseng is correct in that drug prohibition profits oppression. Recently I came across a great post, kinda long, but dead on, especially from the perspective of the point Bleyseng was making, on a comment board of yahoo news articles.

"1970 Model for Law Enforcement Job Security"

Step 1: Pretend alcohol prohibition, and the nightmare of murders, drive-by shootings, wholesale corruption, bathtub gin, poisonings, overdose deaths, the most violent gangs in US history, and the only time a Constitutional Amendment has even been repealed, never happened.

Step 2: Create propaganda machine to ensure that the known violence, murder and corruption that will come from a new prohibition are attributed to the new demonized substances, rather than the actual cause: prohibition itself. Call propaganda machine "DEA".

Step 3: Train all law enforcement to speak to the media about the violence, murder and corruption create by prohibition in a way to always lay blame on the "drugs": never allow law enforcement to mention the word "prohibition.” Train law enforcement not to work with any media personnel that in any way attributes the murder and mayhem of prohibition to prohibition itself.

Step 4: As black-market violence and murder overwhelm cities, and as prohibition makes the demonized substances more available, potent, and profitable than anytime prior, demand the right to impose drug-prohibition in other countries. Work deals with foreign governments and American manufacturers of helicopters, night vision goggles, battering rams, stun grenades, and urine testing apparatus to insure jobs and profits for everyone. If any foreign countries refuse to implement US drug prohibition, insist that their economic aid be terminated, then deem them as "ok with killing your children with drugs."

Step 5: If anyone suggest ending prohibition, deem them to be "ok with selling heroin to your kids.”

Step 6: As prisons overflow with non-violent offenders, say nothing when truly violent offenders are released by the hundreds of thousands, then insist more prisons be built. If anyone questions the policy of building more prisons, deem them "ok with letting child rapists and murderers walk our streets.”

Step 7: Any scientific studies that describe the actual characteristics of the illicit substances as less harmful than legal ones are to be blocked or deemed as unscientific. If researchers insist on their results, demand that their funding be cut off because not doing so would be funding "quacks" who are "ok with having your children use heroin."

Step 8: Should any of the demonized substances prove to have actual health benefits, arrest anyone whose medical condition is helped by the outlawed drugs. When confronted with the cruelty of arresting and incarcerating seriously ill patients whose symptoms are alleviated, or life extended, by the demonized substances, always reply with "they chose to break the law."

Step 9: Never admit drug prohibition ensures the creation of billion-dollar criminal enterprises to control the illicit-drug market. Upon arresting the leaders of the gangs prohibition itself creates, always claim victory. Once the violent gangs infiltrate and corrupt entire armies and governments, decry such countries as "3rd world" and demand that their armies be trained by our armies, and supplied with helicopters, guns, ammo, stun grenades, GPS, drones, armored cars, camouflage uniforms, night-vision goggles, and airplanes manufactured by American companies. Ensure that all business transactions guarantee profit and jobs for all parties involved. When that latest round of prohibition tactics doesn’t “work,” demand an overall increase in DEA budget because "we don’t give in to criminals."

neal
The slipper has no teeth.

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:28 pm

Hey, I live in Washington now. Does that mean that because weed is legal here that I can carry that to every other state? Exempt from the laws against the weed in other states because I'm only visiting?

Somehow I suspect that courtesy won't be extended in many states. Pipe dreams.

neal
The slipper has no teeth.

Bleyseng
IAC Addict!

Post by Bleyseng » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:09 am

I think you are suffering from Reefer Madness, Neal.
Geoff

glasseye
IAC Addict!

Post by glasseye » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:00 am

First, The Netherlands, Switzerland and Portugal, then Washington and Colorado, now Uruguay. The tide is turning.

Ms. Leonhart is gonna be out on the street.
"This war will pay for itself."
Paul Wolfowitz, speaking of Iraq.

Hippie
IAC Addict!

Post by Hippie » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:34 pm

ruckman101 wrote:The feature would appear to be available on Netflix.

Personally, I think all drugs should be legalized. Meth, heroin, crack, coke, and on down the line. You name it, legalize it. Drug use on the user level isn't a criminal problem, it's a health problem. It is that simple.

Bleyseng is correct in that drug prohibition profits oppression. Recently I came across a great post, kinda long, but dead on, especially from the perspective of the point Bleyseng was making, on a comment board of yahoo news articles.

"1970 Model for Law Enforcement Job Security"

Step 1: Pretend alcohol prohibition, and the nightmare of murders, drive-by shootings, wholesale corruption, bathtub gin, poisonings, overdose deaths, the most violent gangs in US history, and the only time a Constitutional Amendment has even been repealed, never happened.

Step 2: Create propaganda machine to ensure that the known violence, murder and corruption that will come from a new prohibition are attributed to the new demonized substances, rather than the actual cause: prohibition itself. Call propaganda machine "DEA".

Step 3: Train all law enforcement to speak to the media about the violence, murder and corruption create by prohibition in a way to always lay blame on the "drugs": never allow law enforcement to mention the word "prohibition.” Train law enforcement not to work with any media personnel that in any way attributes the murder and mayhem of prohibition to prohibition itself.

Step 4: As black-market violence and murder overwhelm cities, and as prohibition makes the demonized substances more available, potent, and profitable than anytime prior, demand the right to impose drug-prohibition in other countries. Work deals with foreign governments and American manufacturers of helicopters, night vision goggles, battering rams, stun grenades, and urine testing apparatus to insure jobs and profits for everyone. If any foreign countries refuse to implement US drug prohibition, insist that their economic aid be terminated, then deem them as "ok with killing your children with drugs."

Step 5: If anyone suggest ending prohibition, deem them to be "ok with selling heroin to your kids.”

Step 6: As prisons overflow with non-violent offenders, say nothing when truly violent offenders are released by the hundreds of thousands, then insist more prisons be built. If anyone questions the policy of building more prisons, deem them "ok with letting child rapists and murderers walk our streets.”

Step 7: Any scientific studies that describe the actual characteristics of the illicit substances as less harmful than legal ones are to be blocked or deemed as unscientific. If researchers insist on their results, demand that their funding be cut off because not doing so would be funding "quacks" who are "ok with having your children use heroin."

Step 8: Should any of the demonized substances prove to have actual health benefits, arrest anyone whose medical condition is helped by the outlawed drugs. When confronted with the cruelty of arresting and incarcerating seriously ill patients whose symptoms are alleviated, or life extended, by the demonized substances, always reply with "they chose to break the law."

Step 9: Never admit drug prohibition ensures the creation of billion-dollar criminal enterprises to control the illicit-drug market. Upon arresting the leaders of the gangs prohibition itself creates, always claim victory. Once the violent gangs infiltrate and corrupt entire armies and governments, decry such countries as "3rd world" and demand that their armies be trained by our armies, and supplied with helicopters, guns, ammo, stun grenades, GPS, drones, armored cars, camouflage uniforms, night-vision goggles, and airplanes manufactured by American companies. Ensure that all business transactions guarantee profit and jobs for all parties involved. When that latest round of prohibition tactics doesn’t “work,” demand an overall increase in DEA budget because "we don’t give in to criminals."

neal
+1 all that.
Funny some people don't see various gun prohibition laws the same way...but it is.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:37 am

Hippie wrote: +1 all that.
Funny some people don't see various gun prohibition laws the same way...but it is.
Oy,

Drugs go inside your own consent body.

Guns spray bullets and go inside others' bodies mostly without their consent

You wanna play this argument out?

Hippie
IAC Addict!

Post by Hippie » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:14 pm

Amskeptic wrote:You wanna play this argument out?
Nah.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:35 pm

Hippie wrote:
Nah.
Now WHAT am I gonna DO with the rest of this MONTH????
Colin

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:50 pm

Amskeptic wrote:
Hippie wrote:
Nah.
Now WHAT am I gonna DO with the rest of this MONTH????
Colin
Finish the book?
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

Hippie
IAC Addict!

Post by Hippie » Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:44 am

Amskeptic wrote:Now WHAT am I gonna DO with the rest of this MONTH????Colin
I was going to suggest waxing the entire length of varnish insulated wire in your wiper motor windings, but I'm still waiting for the book, too...You've got to inspire me to get a convertible Beetle someday. :geek:

Bleyseng
IAC Addict!

Post by Bleyseng » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:56 pm

I now have that damn ghia convertible which is about the same thing as the bug vert. Rust issues, nah.
Geoff