How do you walk with those big cajones?

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

pj
Addicted!

How do you walk with those big cajones?

Post by pj » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:18 am

In the front of the store you pillory them, while in the back of the store you borrow money from them. What is it Mr President? Are the big banks the scourge of American society, the vessels in which the one percent loot the country? Or do you portray them as such to rouse the hoi polloi, all the while borrowing the big bucks from them to maintain your power?

Of course, what does it say about BofA, to take the beating and then lend the beater money? Maybe they have Stockholm syndrome, or just maybe they are playing the big money game that Mr Obama said he wouldn't play way back in 2008.

http://query.nictusa.com/cgi-bin/dcdev/ ... 25/sc1/ALL

Westy78
IAC Addict!

Re: How do you walk with those big cajones?

Post by Westy78 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:30 am

And you don't think the Republicans do the same thing. Wake up. This government system is broken. So what do we do about it instead of just blaming the opposite side of your ideology?
Chorizo, it's what's for breakfast.

Bleyseng
IAC Addict!

Post by Bleyseng » Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:38 pm

Its far easier to blame and complain than to fix.....Hard work is ahead of us.
Geoff
77 Sage Green Westy- CS 2.0L-160,000 miles
70 Ghia vert, black, stock 1600SP,- 139,000 miles,
76 914 2.1L-Nepal Orange- 160,000+ miles
http://bleysengaway.blogspot.com/

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Post by hambone » Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:15 pm

Who is the saint/sinner in politics? It's a mud bath. PJ why are you so flamingly polarized? I think we all pretty much want the same thing as Americans, mainly freedom an democrazy as promised, however even these basic rights are diluted with a healthy dose of human reality. Utopia is impossible when the game keeps changing in front of your eyes, squandered by the greedy and powerhungry.
Come on you like all of us, even the dirty liberals among the crowd. Everyone has good ideas and bad ideas, but in our hearts we always know the truth. Politics is not a place for purity.
http://greencascadia.blogspot.com
http://pdxvolksfolks.blogspot.com
it balances on your head just like a mattress balances on a bottle of wine
your brand new leopard skin pillbox hat

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:48 pm

pj wrote:In the front of the store you pillory them, while in the back of the store you borrow money from them.
. . . it is not so dire, Philip. As a result of Obama's policies, bank capitalization is stronger now than it has been for almost 50 years.
Consider "pillory" as tough love. The banks have been addicted to greed for a long time.
Perhaps banks will actually issue loans again after the election. They are sitting on record piles of cash . . . under this administration.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

pj
Addicted!

Post by pj » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:46 pm

Bob I'm polarizing? I don't like Mr Obama about as much as you liked Mr. Bush, and you find it polarizing? I guess from 2000 to 2008, you and others were just plain ol' American citizens who respected the process, and just let everything play out. No questions about how he governed, who he picked for the Supreme court, or how he fulfilled his promises. Nope none at all, everything was cool.

Now those who ask about the same from Mr Obama are called polarizing, really? I guess you haven't heard Bob, Gitmo is still open, and still run by the same US Army that ran it under the old guy. No peep from you or the media about it in the last four years, what happened to all the uproar? Oh yeah, Mr Obama is the man, and the media has lost their interest.

More Americans have died in Afghanistan in the last 4 years than in the previous 6 years, and not a peep from anyone. What happened to Cindy Sheehan? The only people who hear about those deaths are those that either served with the fallen or live in the area from which they are from. Where are all those marches in Portland on the anniversary of the kick off, who said they were worried about the American trooper? Oh yeah Mr Obama is the man, and he ain't that SOB, George Bush, so no need to tear up the streets.

Now we see he borrows 15 million from that bastard big bank on a two month note, and I'm told "everybody in politics does it." Well no. In this case I don't see Mr Romney going through the drive thru, and making a withdrawl. Yet today Mr Obama, says that Mr Romney doesn't play by the same rules as you and I. Well lets see you Bob go down to BofA and ask for 1/1000th of the amount Mr Obama got on a 2 month note ($15,000). It shouldn't be too hard, because Mr Obama is just like you and me, and I'm sure they will bend over backwards giving you the Obama deal. Just tell them that Mr Obama is the man, and that should have you on easy street in no time at all.

Are we polarized? Hell yeah, just about the same way we were from 2000 to 2008, but now the shoe is on the other foot and you don't like it. I guess we are in for the remainder of our lives of having 45% of us every four years being pissed off, I hope the Republic can survive it.

Bleyseng
IAC Addict!

Post by Bleyseng » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:11 am

pj wrote: I guess you haven't heard Bob, Gitmo is still open, and still run by the same US Army that ran it under the old guy. No peep from you or the media about it in the last four years, what happened to all the uproar? Oh yeah, Mr Obama is the man, and the media has lost their interest.

More Americans have died in Afghanistan in the last 4 years than in the previous 6 years, and not a peep from anyone. What happened to Cindy Sheehan? The only people who hear about those deaths are those that either served with the fallen or live in the area from which they are from. Where are all those marches in Portland on the anniversary of the kick off, who said they were worried about the American trooper? Oh yeah Mr Obama is the man, and he ain't that SOB, George Bush, so no need to tear up the streets.

Are we polarized? Hell yeah, just about the same way we were from 2000 to 2008, but now the shoe is on the other foot and you don't like it. I guess we are in for the remainder of our lives of having 45% of us every four years being pissed off, I hope the Republic can survive it.
Yes, Gitmo is still open due to the fact that NO STATE wants those prisoners located into their state. If you can find a place to put them let's do it.
As for afghanistan, we also put more military into that country so more soldiers fighting means a higher rate of death and injury to try to win that WAR. Thank God Obama has a timetable to get out of there finally after Bush started it in 2003. Its has always been a unwinnable War same as a War in Syria or even Iraq.

I think Obama has done a decent job with the economy considering Congress has refused to go along with his policies in a effort to make it a "One and done" . Romneys economic policies scare the shit out of me or rather the ones he actually has specifics on. Cutting SS and Medicare are a disaster along with education cuts all the while of a 5 Trillion increase of Military spending. But don't forget he is cutting Vet benefits too....

None of these guys are saints but Romney/Ryan is just another name for Bush/GOP policies that favor the RICH and suck the Middle Class to death. They don't give a shit.
Geoff
77 Sage Green Westy- CS 2.0L-160,000 miles
70 Ghia vert, black, stock 1600SP,- 139,000 miles,
76 914 2.1L-Nepal Orange- 160,000+ miles
http://bleysengaway.blogspot.com/

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Post by hambone » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:13 am

I sure don't see flag burning videos like the good ol' days.
We need more compassion - in our gov and in our lives. Did Cheney offer that? Do any of those bloodthirsty fucks? Does Obama?
http://greencascadia.blogspot.com
http://pdxvolksfolks.blogspot.com
it balances on your head just like a mattress balances on a bottle of wine
your brand new leopard skin pillbox hat

Hippie
IAC Addict!

Post by Hippie » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:46 am

Obama has big balls? Cool. He's got my vote then. Thanks pj!