job creators

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

denjohn
Getting Hooked!

job creators

Post by denjohn » Sat May 19, 2012 7:07 pm

Nick Hanauer, self-described "super-rich" entrepreneur, gave a pretty compelling 6 minuteTED Talk about how the middle class—not the super-rich—are the real job creators.
http://www.upworthy.com/breaking-you-kn ... re-it-?g=3
Peace
'71 bus, stock running gear ex SVDA and pertronix

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Re: job creators

Post by ruckman101 » Sat May 19, 2012 7:20 pm

I love TED Talks.

It has always confused me why the elites seem to want to reduce us back to turn of the century working conditions and wages, because if we are all poor and struggling to merely provide food, shelter and clothing, who's out there to buy any product beyond that? If you can't afford to drive, you're not buying gas. Will the prices go down? Probably not, they'll probably go up to compensate for lost profits. Insane I tell ya.

Thanks for the link denjohn. I have to agree with Nick, we've had it all backwards for the last 30 years and here we are with the consequences to show for it.

neal
The slipper has no teeth.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Re: job creators

Post by Amskeptic » Mon May 21, 2012 9:39 am

ruckman101 wrote:I love TED Talks.

It has always confused me why the elites seem to want to reduce us back to turn of the century working conditions and wages, because if we are all poor and struggling to merely provide food, shelter and clothing, who's out there to buy any product beyond that? If you can't afford to drive, you're not buying gas. Will the prices go down? Probably not, they'll probably go up to compensate for lost profits. Insane I tell ya.

Thanks for the link denjohn. I have to agree with Nick, we've had it all backwards for the last 30 years and here we are with the consequences to show for it.

neal
Pretty clearly spelled out, carefully, studiously, thoroughly avoided by the captains of capitalism . . . as we watch Mitt Romney trumpet his bona-fides for guiding the American economy, we will see those arguments trotted out again and again. The press will not challenge him. The press challenges very few people these days, because reporters seem to have lost penetrating insights over the past several years.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles