Occupy Wall Street/occupy Federal Reserve

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Occupy Wall Street/occupy Federal Reserve

Post by steve74baywin » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:00 pm

Has anyone been following this?
Besides many protesters occupying wall street they are also protesting in front of
some Federal Reserve Banks.
I'd be slacking if I failed to bring it up.
http://rt.com/usa/news/occupy-wall-street-spreads-505/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tj-Pifw_LdU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zV9uZ00bqD8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6noCcKFuqk

Has the revolution started?

RussellK
IAC Addict!

Re: Occupy Wall Street/occupy Federal Reserve

Post by RussellK » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:11 pm

My broker say's no

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:24 pm

I wonder if there is any protests in Atlanta?
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:39 pm

Maybe the revolution has started, it certainly hasn't been televised much.

neal
The slipper has no teeth.

RussellK
IAC Addict!

Post by RussellK » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:57 pm

What if they started a war and no one came.

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Post by steve74baywin » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:00 am

It is amazing what they don't televise. What they choose to show and what they don't show is telling. Sorta fits with something just said in another thread.

Edited to add, I'm busy for a few days. But I think I know where I will spend some time next week.

http://www.occupytampa.org/

RussellK
IAC Addict!

Post by RussellK » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:01 am

Revolution? Not very likely. Look around you. Well fed wearing warm clothes. The line at the Starbucks drive thru must have been 10 deep this morning. Ahhhh. That $5 Latte never fails. What? A 15% off coupon from Kohls? I guess I'll get that egyptian cotton sheet tonight. The kids are off to school. I'm off to work. It's less than satisfying work but then it's air conditioned in there and there are barriers around all the sharp shiny stuff. Oops. I passed a cop. It's nice not having to divert my eyes isn't it? Did I hear revolution is in the air? Revolution from what? From who? From my stop at the donut shop?

Can anyone imagine what talk of revolution must sound like to people living in countries where every day is an experience filled with despair? Where hunger and fear is the norm? They must think there go those spoiled Americans again.

Flame away my comrades! I love you guys. Every time I hear revolution it makes me want to break out a little MC5 and flip off a cop. Hell, its my fountain of youth. I'm 22 again! But seriously we are far from perfect. There is always work to be done. But talk of revolution is such a distraction of useful energy its just silly.

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Post by steve74baywin » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:08 am

Shh, I need some time in a fake reality too once in a while.
I know, it will die out soon, it won't have much merit, it will be misinterpreted.
But I could use a little time in an illusion.

RussellK
IAC Addict!

Post by RussellK » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:23 am

steve74baywin wrote:Shh, I need some time in a fake reality too once in a while.
I know, it will die out soon, it won't have much merit, it will be misinterpreted.
But I could use a little time in an illusion.
Might I recommend for your listening pleasure?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocwZKIUH650
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVpGM2T5JRY
There. Do you feel 22 again? Great. Now go flip off a cop. In virtual form of course.

Had the same song twice. Now I have it fixed

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Post by steve74baywin » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:27 am

I will listen when I get back, I have to earn some money.

Don't know if you recall this, but I posted it in 2006.
I went to an "Impeach Bush" anti war protest in 2006.
Green shirt, yellow sign.

Velokid1
IAC Addict!

Post by Velokid1 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:41 am

Repotting doesn't happen because too many people were forced to trade their Excursion in for an Explorer. It happens when people have no transportation, hungry children, no security, etc. We are still far too comfortable to fight.

But don't worry, it will get much worse, sooner than we would prefer. There is no recovery in sight.

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:38 am

They had an article about it on CNN. I read all I could on my lunchbreak. Looks dedicated by this there.
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

RussellK
IAC Addict!

Post by RussellK » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:57 am

I heard one supporter call the local NPR affiliate and claim they had virtually shut Wall Street down. Really? That's interesting. Scottrade isn't aware of that. Why do they make such wild claims?

I've always believed that while it was the young folks that yelled the loudest about ending the war in Vietnam it was the parents that ended it.

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Post by steve74baywin » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:09 am

RussellK wrote:I heard one supporter call the local NPR affiliate and claim they had virtually shut Wall Street down. Really? That's interesting. Scottrade isn't aware of that. Why do they make such wild claims?

I've always believed that while it was the young folks that yelled the loudest about ending the war in Vietnam it was the parents that ended it.
Depends on if they were talking about the actual street, or the trading.
The city shut down sections of wall street. You know, you are only allowed free speech and to protest in certain areas, we have a long way to go become a free country.

Velokid1
IAC Addict!

Post by Velokid1 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:19 am

There's a difference between shutting down Wall St operations and shutting down the actual street, I suppose.

About protesting kids and proactive parents... I have noticed that often children serve as the opinion leaders within a household as they grow older.

edit- sorry steve, you posted while I was writing.