Lay off the Sponge

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Lay off the Sponge

Post by ruckman101 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:56 am

http://news.yahoo.com/pediatricians-gro ... 06489.html

Now the science comes out. I knew there was a reason I should have broken my Sponge Bob addiction of guilty pleasure.

Who's next, Xena? Pee Wee's Playhouse? What was I typing about?

neal
The slipper has no teeth.

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Re: Lay off the Sponge

Post by steve74baywin » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:21 am

I don't know Neal, TV is powerful.
Do you know what I could do if I had the reigns of a TV show?
There is no doubt in my mind it can be a great tool in influencing the viewers, especially the ones at that age.
Give me just a few months to a few years and I'd have them Libertarians for sure, at least the majority. I could almost guarantee this. The power of full animation with voice?
The brain works by associative memory, get them liking a certain character, and then with the right scenarios and emotions mixed in with the events, hot dam, I'd get er done.

Velokid1
IAC Addict!

Post by Velokid1 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:56 am

Telecommunications degree smartypants reporting for duty.

That would be possible in a vacuum, Steve, in the absence of any other influences. But outside of such a vacuum, you overestimate the influence of television.

It's a powerful influence, but Its doubtful that you could indoctrinate children with Lib values with a couple hours a day of TV alone.

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Post by steve74baywin » Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:19 am

Velokid1 wrote:Telecommunications degree smartypants reporting for duty.

That would be possible in a vacuum, Steve, in the absence of any other influences. But outside of such a vacuum, you overestimate the influence of television.

It's a powerful influence, but Its doubtful that you could indoctrinate children with Lib values with a couple hours a day of TV alone.
True that there would be all the other influences in society that they would get that would oppose my LP ideas, so that would lower the success rate.
Can you imagine if what was taught in the schools, and if shows later on also supported the same, and if when they watched the news that also coincided with the early on message, but in my LP example that wouldn't be the case, but in the real world, this example, they will probably be indoctrinated with the same by the other sources.
Also, those are the most influential years. Those are the years that humans are more open to suggestion, it is the years that we learn how to "be" humans.

Telecommunications degree? I think I recall you being in that field, I made the most money doing that for seven years, before the hypnosis. Before the Telecom was the Electrician and PLC work.