Anybody See Obama's Address?

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Anybody See Obama's Address?

Post by Amskeptic » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:49 pm

I want to Believe! that we can find solutions. He still speaks to me. He was focused and engaging and insightful.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Re: Anybody See Obama's Address?

Post by hambone » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:56 pm

I didn't see it. I am frankly not interested in any more speeches from the man.
Hmmm. Don't see much change around here. He is not connecting with the people. He is doing very little for those in crisis right now. His administration seems to have little concern for the natural world. China still owns us. No new burst of renewal energy development. Still no American industry or incentives. "Where's the beef?"
I am disappointed. Entrenched politics are no place for hope and change. It must come from outside the system and hit the heart. I can't see any way for humans to save themselves, let alone a planet. What a weird box of crackers.
http://greencascadia.blogspot.com
http://pdxvolksfolks.blogspot.com
it balances on your head just like a mattress balances on a bottle of wine
your brand new leopard skin pillbox hat

fred
I'm New!

Post by fred » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:01 pm

read this and ask yourself, what's he doing about it?
http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/arch ... d-overseas
"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds"
- Samuel Adams

Velokid1
IAC Addict!

Post by Velokid1 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:02 pm

It was a great speech. He good at that. And it almost seemed like the guy is going to stand up and stop giving the Republicans his lunch finally. He has let them frame the political dialog for way too long. He has tolerated their immature antics and outright lies. He has given them the benefit of the doubt that they hardly deserved, hoping I guess that these morons would see the foolishness of running our country into the ditch just to make a political point.

The criticism of his presidency so far is warranted but also overblown.

The speech was excellent. He killed it. I just wish I had more faith that he would stop treating these GOP babies as if they were deserving of any consideration at all.

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Post by steve74baywin » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:32 am

I did not see the speech.
Many of you on here know the long term corrections I think are needed.
However, the way the system has been working (which I think is the problem) is money is pumped, leaked or fed into the system. We apparently are not ready to make the long term changes a Ron Paul and or Libertarian would want, so that means for now we do need to do the evil crappy thing of feeding tons more money into the system and using it towards some new goals/visions.
When Obama got elected in 2008 I figured it could go two ways. Those who pull the strings would either tank us down even further to make us like other countries, or they'd create jobs in the green areas, increase police types, and work on their goal of a rail/train system between the cities to usher people into certain areas.

sped372
IAC Addict!

Post by sped372 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:59 am

It was a good speech and a good message. I found myself continually agreeing but remain less-than-optimistic about what will come of it, unfortunately. He looks tired.
1971 Karmann Ghia - 1600 DP
1984 Westfalia - 1.9 WBX

Randy in Maine
IAC Addict!

Post by Randy in Maine » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:18 am

The Predsident is an excellent speaker and his points were pretty good, valid and to the point.

I just don't think any Republicans are really interested in getting more people back to work though. It is not in their basic interest.
79 VW Bus

RSorak 71Westy
IAC Addict!

Post by RSorak 71Westy » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:56 am

The Republicans seem to value their party more than they value the country. i.e. they keep doing things that make the Rupblican party look better, but to the overall detriment to the country. The debit ceiling debacle was a perfect example of this.
Take care,
Rick
Stock 1600 w/dual Solex 34's and header. mildly ported heads and EMPI elephant's feet. SVDA W/pertronix. 73 Thing has been sold. BTW I am a pro wrench have been fixing cars for living for over 30 yrs.

RussellK
IAC Addict!

Post by RussellK » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:11 pm

Rick nailed it. =D>

I wish Obama would find his Gs again. I love to hear a brilliant articulate speaker. A brilliant articulate speaker trying to sound all homey...not as much.

BumbleBus
Addicted!

Post by BumbleBus » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:26 pm

I'm sorry, but Tinkerbell could be POTUS and we'd still be where we are today. Obama is a great orator, but wields no power to change anything. There is an inevitable black swan on the horizon as something has to give and give soon or the whole house of cards comes down in a very ugly way.

May you live in interesting times... :rr:
'72 Sierra Yellow Campmobile

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Post by steve74baywin » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:44 pm

BumbleBus wrote: and we'd still be where we are today. Obama is a great orator, but wields no power to change anything. There is an inevitable black swan on the horizon as something has to give and give soon or the whole house of cards comes down in a very ugly way.

May you live in interesting times... :rr:
I agree with you.
Legally he shouldn't be able to do much, but we look to him like he can.
Others pull the strings.
The house of cards could come down.
It is interesting times.

Velokid1
IAC Addict!

Post by Velokid1 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:56 pm

The house of cards falling is a relative thing. If you look at what's happening in eastern Europe or, worse yet, Africa, then your concept of how low a society can truly go in terms of freedoms, being fed, not being murdered, etc. changes shape a little.

Our golden age is over in America. That's for sure. People who are waiting around for the economy to recover are fooling themselves, IF their definition of the economy recovering means we return to 2005 levels. That was an artificial boom and we'll probably never see it again. Same with home prices. I know so many people who have managed to hold onto their homes, but just barely. They are scrambling paycheck to paycheck to keep the bank from taking their homes, and the reason they're willing to do it is because they imagine there is light at the end of the tunnel. Meaning they truly believe their home that they paid $200K for and they currently owe $165K on is going to return from its current market value of $135K to $200K. Aint gonna happen, if you ask me. But you didn't. :)

My point though... we can live on much less. We can make do with much less. You don't HAVE to have a cell phone and two automobiles to be thriving in Mother Nature's eyes. What thriving takes is shelter, food and loved ones. If you've got some fat around the middle, nobody is coming at you with a bayonet and you are able to enjoy cool Fall evenings with one or more people you love... that's thriving.

Millions of people all over the world would literally KILL to have those things.

RussellK
IAC Addict!

Post by RussellK » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:05 pm

You haven't been watching your TV. If you send me $10 I'll pray for your prosperity. For $100 I'll mention you in my circle of friends. For $1000 I'll let you say you know me. For $10000 I'll include you in my circle of friends. Hell prosperity's a breeze in the US of A.

BumbleBus
Addicted!

Post by BumbleBus » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:25 pm

Velokid1 wrote:if you ask me. But you didn't.
You speak common sense at least. Dig it. :rr:
'72 Sierra Yellow Campmobile

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

skin daddio
IAC Addict!

Post by skin daddio » Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:06 pm

as long as you have your health.
and colin shows up.