Lanval, Declaration, history going forward

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Re: Lanval, Declaration, history going forward

Post by steve74baywin » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:10 am

ruckman101 wrote:Hey hey hey, in an open and free society, how does one person have the right to dictate to others the framing of a discussion? And why this emphasis on "winning"? A discussion is just that, a discussion. Must everything be win/lose? If so, we have all already lost.

neal
I know you do sarcasm and humor alot, but I do have to point out the comment you probably are referring to is to Lanval, but I'm sure you know this.
Carry on with whatever you want to discuss.
There was some interesting things said in the last day and half, but I didn't want to comment on everything.
BTW, I lost Internet for about 30 hours. Major outages in this area Tuesday morning, and coincidently a neighbor moved and they disconnected my service in error shortly after the outages, we had to wait for the major outage to get fixed and then have them discover their error.
I do have to point out to you that in a free society the owner has say, so who ever owns this here website could dictate.

Velokid1
IAC Addict!

Re: Lanval, Declaration, history going forward

Post by Velokid1 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:45 am

That's one of the most amusing things about forums, i.e. the assumption by some (you're not alone on this Steve) that if you don't continue to dance with someone, or if you aren't willing to donate 5 hours of your life every day to engaging others online, that you are conceding defeat of some kind. It's very difficult to be part of a discussion on these forums unless you sit at the computer and check for replies every 15 minutes. Which makes it even harder to "win."

Relevant bumper sticker I am fond of:

Stop Winning.
Start Living.