Is Steve74baywins ideas so messed up or nutso that you think

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Is Steve74baywins ideas so messed up or nutso that you think he should stop posting them?

Yes
53%
No
47%

Total votes: 15

Lanval
IAC Addict!

Re: Is Steve74baywins ideas so messed up or nutso that you t

Post by Lanval » Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:02 pm

steve74baywin wrote:
Cindy wrote:My only point of contention is this--I wish you would read more and learn as much as you can about everything. As Lanval pointed out in another thread, if you aren't familiar with the most basic events of history then you're missing a lot of pertinent information--information that could inform your opinions. Your lack of familiarity with the facts really shows, and makes your conclusions ring hollow.

Cindy
I've mentioned in other post that I have spent a lot of time in the last 8 years looking into the history and founding of this country. One of the times Mike mentioned my lack was when Neal mentioned the Irish Potato famine I asked Neal more about it, which I knew some about it, but the other times he mentions it is in discussions, however he has abandoned most of the discussion we've had after I posted or countered, he has mentioned going back and continuing, but he has yet to do it.
In fact, it is getting to a bit of a broken record from Mike, he never really counters anything I say with anything other than telling me how I lack an understanding of history. I often wonder if he is showing how I sometimes sound, you know, like I know it all.
You have yet to explain in what sense the Constitution is a "conspiracy". I point out places where I feel you lack some knowledge; I don't always have time to remedy it. For instance, your claims about the role of the gov't in enforcing policy and law operate completely outside of the modern understanding of the development of federal authority in historical terms. I spent a good deal of time discussing that a few days ago ~ your assumptions about how/why the gov't agents are allowed to do things suggests you neither know nor understand the history of the development of authority in this gov't. You make statements about the Founding Fathers that are directly opposed to historical fact about their beliefs. So start with your concerns about the constitution:

In what ways can we understand the Constitution as a conspiracy by the Founding Fathers to deny the people the rights asserted in the Declaration? What evidence do we have of this in their actions or writings?

Mike

edited for clarity and less antagonism

Cindy
IAC Addict!

Post by Cindy » Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:16 pm

steve74baywin wrote:
Cindy wrote:My only point of contention is this--I wish you would read more and learn as much as you can about everything. As Lanval pointed out in another thread, if you aren't familiar with the most basic events of history then you're missing a lot of pertinent information--information that could inform your opinions. Your lack of familiarity with the facts really shows, and makes your conclusions ring hollow.

Cindy
I've mentioned in other post that I have spent a lot of time in the last 8 years looking into the history and founding of this country. One of the times Mike mentioned my lack was when Neal mentioned the Irish Potato famine I asked Neal more about it, which I knew some about it, but the other times he mentions it is in discussions, however he has abandoned most of the discussion we've had after I posted or countered, he has mentioned going back and continuing, but he has yet to do it.
In fact, it is getting to a bit of a broken record from Mike, he never really counters anything I say with anything other than telling me how I lack an understanding of history. I often wonder if he is showing how I sometimes sound, you know, like I know it all.
I would find it very difficult to debate you because my training has taught me certains methods that you do not adhere to. I'm guessing Mike avoids an all-out argument because he feels the same way.

Cindy
“No one can tell what goes on in between the person you were and the person you become. No one can chart that blue and lonely section of hell. There are no maps of the change. You just come out the other side.
Or you don't.” ― Stephen King, The Stand

airkooledchris
IAC Addict!

Post by airkooledchris » Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:13 pm

this thread is as painfully self absorbed as the reason it came to be.

null vote

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:17 pm

steve74baywin wrote:
In fact, it is getting to a bit of a broken record from Mike, he never really counters anything I say with anything other than telling me how I lack an understanding of history.
I think this poll is silly.

For the record, the broken record that turned me off was your irritating supposition that I enjoy force and government thugs with guns.
No way.

It is a beautiful day out here and the last thing I need to spend my time replying to is . . . that.
Colin Only 99* Today!
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

RSorak 71Westy
IAC Addict!

Post by RSorak 71Westy » Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:31 pm

I too see no reason to vote. I do hope you will stay around.
Take care,
Rick
Stock 1600 w/dual Solex 34's and header. mildly ported heads and EMPI elephant's feet. SVDA W/pertronix. 73 Thing has been sold. BTW I am a pro wrench have been fixing cars for living for over 30 yrs.

Ritter
IAC Addict!

Post by Ritter » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:03 pm

I've never had a problem with you. We all have different ideas. It's presentation/attitude that pisses me off and you seem to understand the difference between making an argument and being an asshole. Stick around if you like.
1978 Westfalia 2.0 FI

Spezialist

Post by Spezialist » Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:37 pm

Steve,
The founding of this country was rebellion from it's inception.
So it has certain quirks no doubt.
The fathers did a remarkable job protecting their interests, IMO.
I really like all of the symbolisms and magic the imbued into the creation of our country
A true and huge product of the age of enlightenment.
In my opinion you're doing unpaid work for the right wing,
Which in effect sends mixed messages to keep people out of the polls.
The average Joe loses any power he could have by not voting.
That's the biggest crime in the country in my opinion, all through divided politics of the right.
An example.
The leaders own and control finance, with that power they control the masses with propaganda that makes them to blame because of a false ideology.
A system of government false flag to keep the rich in power, all you have to do is keep the masses from voting, simple if you know the language.
Both sides are responsible for their own interests, you just have to do your own research to see what those interests are.
Just remember don't have faith in politics.
Think globally act locally, and always remember if in the same position would you do the same thing?

dingo
IAC Addict!

Post by dingo » Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:32 pm

I would say just be yourself and don't worry about the reactionist responses...those that cling fast to the historical facts or the towers of academia will always defend their shrines with great veracity

I don't always agree with your posts but nonetheless find them refreshing variation of opinion
'71 Kombi, 1600 dp

';78 Tranzporter 2L

" Fill what's empty, empty what's full, and scratch where it itches."