Bum Plugs

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Adventurewagen
IAC Addict!

Post by Adventurewagen » Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:09 am

Wow. What a thread. And to think it all started with possibly the dumbest thing I could think of to post. I just ran across the story of the Tom Cruise Butt plug on the Onion and though it hilarious and felt that particular day needed some humor.

I guess this low level of humor and disgust brings out all the trolls, huh :pirate:

So get back on track with my thread (ie. The Tom Cruise Butt Plug) or let it fade away and stop the bitchin or I'll get this whole damn thing deleted if I can. I don't need to start troll wars b/c my post is too dumb.

I really like this place so far. The free speech section is a blast, lots of interesting topics, some political rants but we can definately do without the personal attacks and jabs (like the always stupid "I thought this was "free" speech" argument). It's more fun to actually interact instead of spray, stick to the very SIMPLE rules. Ever wonder why they call it "spray" anyway, its because nobody actually converses they just yell dumb things back and forth all while taking it too seriously. We all live our own lives all across the place doing our own thing and in truth I don't need anyone writing BS to take me down a notch from their keyboard. If anyone wants to argue or yell at me or a post of mine I'll give you my address and you can tell it to my face. Thats the ONLY way I'm going to spray back and forth with anyone. If you want that go back to TS BWF or the their Rants section, enough idiots hang out there to spray at for a century.

I take turning a post of mine into a spray war as a personal attack on me. So STFU and deal with having to actually try to interact with one another in a civil manner. Like this... :thebirdman:
63 Gulf Blue Notch
71 Sierra Yellow Adventurewagen
DjEep wrote:Velo? Are you being "over-run"? Do you need to swim through a sea of Mexican anchor-babies to get to your bus in the morning?
:wav:

RussellK
IAC Addict!

Post by RussellK » Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:43 am

Dylan boots
Man, Dylan is tough on tapers. I was at a Dead show in Atlanta. We were next to the taper section. Dylan opened and most of the tapers had their mikes down when Dylan played but a couple didn't. About halfway through the set 2 huge guys with IDs around their necks and a couple of security guards crossed into the taper section and just trashed these guys equipment. They were not gentle at all. I always liked the Jerry quote about being done with it, they can have it.

Birdibus
IAC Addict!

Post by Birdibus » Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:25 am

Hee hee, from butt plugs (what the!?!?) to Dylan. Who woulda thought?

I was sent to a Dylan concert by the campus newspaper to take photographs. I abandoned my companion, the music critic, to go seat hopping. I ended up second row center aisle, and the seat was never claimed by the ticket holder. I had my SLR camera body tucked into one Ugg boot, and the telephoto lens in the other. I took lots of nice closeups of Dylan and the band. The bass player could see me in the stage lights and was hamming it up and flirting, and I was flirting back. Dylan gave dour looks that could kill. I think I could have gone backstage if I had tried, but I feared the confiscation of my film. Hmmmm... I thought I had created an online photo album of concert pics, but I can't find it.
71 bus, 74 westy

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Post by hambone » Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:36 am

Cool, I'd like to see em'.
http://greencascadia.blogspot.com
http://pdxvolksfolks.blogspot.com
it balances on your head just like a mattress balances on a bottle of wine
your brand new leopard skin pillbox hat

Birdibus
IAC Addict!

Post by Birdibus » Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:47 am

edit: Bob has left the building. Photo removed.
71 bus, 74 westy

hambone

Post by hambone » Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:15 am

I'm guessin' 1978? Is that your work, very nice....

Birdibus
IAC Addict!

Post by Birdibus » Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:38 am

Yes, and yes. Thanks. That is the only pic from that concert currently scanned into my computer. I'd ask if anyone knew the bass player's name, but I don't have a pic to share. He's blond.
71 bus, 74 westy

RussellK
IAC Addict!

Post by RussellK » Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:47 pm

That brings back memories. I scored tickets for a show on that tour for my older sister and some of her friends. They came in from out of town and crashed at my place and we all went to the show. I finally had credibility in the eyes of big sister! Good times.

hambone

Post by hambone » Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:49 pm

You guys were lucky. I first saw Bob in 1988, much had changed...

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:09 pm

baygeek wrote: the original picture of a buttplug was fine as long as it wasn't a caricature of someone here on the forum -- a personal attack, but it wasn't on a member of the forum, so it was OK?

so a megalomaniac makes rules as the situations provide the need, and then executes them as they see fit...
If Tom Cruise was a member of the forum and did not like his image pilloried, yes, I would delete it as a personal attack against a member of this forum. Is that difficult for you to grasp?

Megalomaniac? How about if you try my perspective on for a minute. If you were trying to put together a forum for adults, would you want someone making an avatar using you in that picture? How could you generate respect if you were being treated disrespectfully? Do you honestly think R.B.P. was the victim here?
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

baygeek
Getting Hooked!

Post by baygeek » Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:26 am

Amskeptic wrote:
baygeek wrote: the original picture of a buttplug was fine as long as it wasn't a caricature of someone here on the forum -- a personal attack, but it wasn't on a member of the forum, so it was OK?

so a megalomaniac makes rules as the situations provide the need, and then executes them as they see fit...
If Tom Cruise was a member of the forum and did not like his image pilloried, yes, I would delete it as a personal attack against a member of thios forum. Is that difficult for you to grasp?

Megalomaniac? How about if you try my perspective on for a minute. If you were trying to put together a forum for adults, would you want someone making an avatar using you in that picture? How could you generate respect if you were being treated disrespectfully? Do you honestly think R.B.P. was the victim here?
Colin
if you are going to quote me to debate, don't do so out of context -- I was answering a question for Elwood in response to this:
Elwood wrote:
My advice to you is get off and out of here ASAP , it is way too easy to find your real address and name. Hell hath no rath like a group scorned.

Go in peace and find an other outreach for your hatefullness :flower:

which was a personal attack - more of an actual threat, in fact, but you let it slide....

but that's how you generate respect, right? tell me, is this the Machiavellian method or the Pol Pot method? respect is NOT generated through the barrel of a gun (or the wielding of power as an administrator of a forum), but through your actions... I am not suggesting that allowing RBP to use your likeness as their avatar was anything that I would have done, but there should have been a better way to handle it as the administrator here...

banning a user outright for your perceived slight should have been the last resort -- suspend him if necessary, but don't alienate your users by banning the first person who comes along who questions your authority and your perspective...
just another crow...
Amskeptic wrote: Well, even though we have these pesky visitor crows who come swooping in to caw about hypocrisy! hypocrisy!

vdubyah73
IAC Addict!

Post by vdubyah73 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:56 am

stfu^^^

Westy78
IAC Addict!

Post by Westy78 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:22 am

Baygeek, you are talking as if this was RBP's first and only offense. He had numerous chances to act in an adult manner. This was his last chance and he chose to be a child. In fact he admitted several times he was here only to cause problems. That alone should have been enough. If it were me it would have happened much sooner. I don't have the patience for idiots that Colin has.
Chorizo, it's what's for breakfast.

joe_westy
I'm New!

Post by joe_westy » Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:10 am

Amskeptic wrote:Megalomaniac? How about if you try my perspective on for a minute. If you were trying to put together a forum for adults, would you want someone making an avatar using you in that picture? How could you generate respect if you were being treated disrespectfully?
Colin

I guess some people are just a bit tougher than others and know how to take a joke.

This is an avatar on some "other" forum and since he's not a member it's not a violation of any rules.

Can someone take up a collection so we can buy colin a sense of humor? Image

Lee.
I'm New!

Post by Lee. » Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:34 am

Is it a violation to make the butt plug guy my avatar?

Thank You.