The Ron Paul Thread

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Quadratrückseite
IAC's #1 Cubs Fan
IAC's #1 Cubs Fan

Post by Quadratrückseite » Sat May 03, 2008 5:02 pm

I saw Ron Paul in person yesterday afternoon at the University of North Carolina. It was very inspiring - a local candidate who is running for the Senate (B.J. Lawson) who has Paul's views spoke first. Ron Paul spoke a lot about needing to end America's Empire Building, and quite a bit about ending the Iraq War, and fiscal responsibility of the Government. He also talked about getting rid of the Federal Income Tax, and ending the War on Drugs. There were roughly 600 or so people there, according to the paper, but I'd say it was closer to 1000+ Here's a rough YouTube video of the event - you can see how many people were there. The place holds 8,000:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=96GxPdQv_VU

http://www.newsobserver.com/2192/story/1058822.html
I think what was inspiring was seeing the local candidate who had many of Paul's ideas running for the Senate. Also the passion the crowd showed was great. A nice mix of ages was present, from kids with their parents, to college kids, middle aged folks, and some older folks as well. He's definitely got my vote this Tuesday in the NC Primary.
Here's a few videos of the speech. I think the guy filming was sitting in my row. You can see other ones on YouTube if you search Ron Paul Chapel Hill, if you're interested.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=dr8_gVdQ9sc
http://youtube.com/watch?v=MgxmnQFTuiQ
"The bus is the real talisman. It's the thing that runs through all of this history. It's not a thing anybody owns or controls. No matter how peeved you get with people, the bus always makes your heart jump. Everybody was attached to it."
- Ken Kesey

Steve
1978 Country Homes Camper conversion - "Gus"

http://gusthevwbus.com
http://freshandmodern.com/blog

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Post by steve74baywin » Sun May 04, 2008 10:32 am

Thanks for posting Steve, I checked it out....
The Ron Paul Revolution is far bigger than Obama's, but, as we know, Ron Paul wasn't written into the script, hence only Obama's is the one in the show.... Ron Paul by far has more supporters, especially amongst those who actually are aware of the true reality of this political game.

OB Bus

Post by OB Bus » Sun May 04, 2008 1:15 pm

steve74baywin wrote:Thanks for posting Steve, I checked it out....
The Ron Paul Revolution is far bigger than Obama's, but, as we know, Ron Paul wasn't written into the script, hence only Obama's is the one in the show.... Ron Paul by far has more supporters, especially amongst those who actually are aware of the true reality of this political game.
Ah Steve - could you share your polling data? Or are the pollsters all part of the conspiracy? Or do you mean that Ron Paul has far more supporters among people who like Ron Paul?

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Post by steve74baywin » Mon May 05, 2008 5:16 am

OB Bus wrote:
Ah Steve - could you share your polling data? Or are the pollsters all part of the conspiracy? Or do you mean that Ron Paul has far more supporters among people who like Ron Paul?
You think I have polling data? You are more messed up than I thought.
I'm sure several others can probably state why I said what I said. One just has to remove the plank from there eyes.

OB Bus

Post by OB Bus » Mon May 05, 2008 6:26 am

steve74baywin wrote:
OB Bus wrote:
I'm sure several others can probably state why I said what I said. One just has to remove the plank from there eyes.
Thought so. Another opinion presented as blanket "fact".

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Post by steve74baywin » Mon May 05, 2008 7:20 am

OB Bus wrote:
steve74baywin wrote:
OB Bus wrote:
Thought so. Another opinion presented as blanket "fact".
OB bus,, pretty sad coming from someone like you who doesn't offer any proof for any of your fairy tale belief's but I must prove everything I say.

As far as how I came up with what I said...
Over the last year+ I saw incredible large numbers of people spreading the word of Ron Paul, in fact in so many places he seemed to have more support than any other candidate by far, but then I saw the media talking about a few candidates, most people never really cared or talked about these guys untill days, weeks and months of them being on TV...Ron Paul had a far greater number of supporters without being made in the media, some of the other candidates were nothing untill the media made them...
Now you must forgive me OB Bus, I know that I am expected to have proof positive ten times over for anything I say, for I don't fall under the order of people that you will just except fairy tales from without proof. So OB Bus, it is probably pointless for you to inject your crap until you will research and acquire the ability to think. As long as you want to just be a parrot for the mass deceivers, and expect proof beyond doubt from everybody else yet blindly swallow up and gulp on the the BS fed from your great deceivers, you don't help us to further understand our world.

OB Bus

Post by OB Bus » Mon May 05, 2008 7:51 pm

steve74baywin wrote:
OB bus,, pretty sad coming from someone like you who doesn't offer any proof for any of your fairy tale belief's but I must prove everything I say.
Now you must forgive me OB Bus, I know that I am expected to have proof positive ten times over for anything I say, for I don't fall under the order of people that you will just except fairy tales from without proof. So OB Bus, it is probably pointless for you to inject your crap until you will research and acquire the ability to think. As long as you want to just be a parrot for the mass deceivers, and expect proof beyond doubt from everybody else yet blindly swallow up and gulp on the the BS fed from your great deceivers, you don't help us to further understand our world.
I have not promoted ANY beliefs here. You spout your -- um -- opinions (presented as fact). If anyone challenges your opinions (presented as fact) you attack them. You cannot support your opions (presented as fact) except with references to YouTube videos and web sites quoting "unnamed sources." You describe anyone disagreeing with you as "sheep".

You are the sheep. You "blindly swallow up and gulp on the the BS fed from your great deceivers follow without questioning."

Oh just one more P.S. You might do a little more research into that "Jesus Myth" that you try to belittle. A little Jesus might help you find some peace.

I'm out.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Mon May 05, 2008 10:18 pm

OB Bus wrote:
steve74baywin wrote:
I have not promoted ANY beliefs here. You spout your -- um -- opinions (presented as fact). If anyone challenges your opinions (presented as fact) you attack them. You cannot support your opions (presented as fact) except with references to YouTube videos and web sites quoting "unnamed sources." You describe anyone disagreeing with you as "sheep".

You are the sheep. You "blindly swallow up and gulp on the the BS fed from your great deceivers follow without questioning."

Oh just one more P.S. You might do a little more research into that "Jesus Myth" that you try to belittle. A little Jesus might help you find some peace.

I'm out.
So where do we find Ron Paul numbers? I too would like to know how the numbers tack up against let's say Obama's record numbers of registrations and online contributions. Larry had a fair question Steve, so answer it head-on instead of throwing out "planks in your eyes" and "fairy tales." If you need to research to find the numbers, do it. It would be interesting.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

vdubyah73
IAC Addict!

Post by vdubyah73 » Tue May 06, 2008 4:05 am

For the amount of "research" that Steve does, you would think those numbers would be readily available to him. Steve, question for you, how many hours a day do you spend looking for stuff on the internet that pisses you off and leaves such a bitter taste in your mouth? Spend that energy doing good and you will feel a whole lot better about everything.

Bill
1/20/2013 end of an error
never owned a gun. have fired a few.

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Post by steve74baywin » Tue May 06, 2008 4:42 am

Well, I could show something I just posted on this site a few weeks ago, but that was from youtube by some older guy, you all won't give that any credit.
I could try and find the many polls from 3 to 9 months ago, some on the major networks, some news sites, but those used the internet, so you won't count those. I could show you how he is still ahead on Digg, but forget that.
Guys, I love the way you think yourselves so smart, but I think you all are very dumb. For those on here that was paying close attention over the past year the signs that Ron Paul was supported by a number of people greater than any we can remember for years was obvious. It just wasn't promoted as such on TV...
I think this statement said buy someone else just a short time ago sums it up..
It it ain't on TV it ain't true...

And OB Bus, what gets me most about you is this...
I do spend tons of time on here posting, sharing my thoughts, posting articles and vid's...You for the most part have not engaged in the conversation. A hand full of times you have come on and stated something about "nutso" opinions. If you truly wanted to learn or think you would engage in the conversation, not only once every few months throw in one liner and not sticking around to back it up...
Take everything I say that you think is nutso and hold yourself to the same standard of evidence you want to hold me to and post it on here. Back up what you say..I have spent tons of time to show why I feel like I do. Why don't you counter me by showing why we should believe in Jesus, why this county has a good banking/money system, why most of what they say and do is good, etc, etc..... Counter my argument with the same type of shit you want me to back mine up with....Especially since I have already spent tons of time sharing what has aided me in my decision...To have the gall to come on here after all I have already type and explained to back up my belief's you come on here with one liners and then want me to back my stuff up again and with more solid evidence....Pay me a handsome fee and maybe I will do that for you.

Oh, and gang mentality in full force again...
Nice to see you engage again Colin and Bill.
I stand alone for now.

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Post by steve74baywin » Tue May 06, 2008 6:54 am

Now that I have a few more minutes....
OB Bus and company, you crack me up..
Yes I mention alot of my opinion, and so does everyone else on here..
Many of us have engaged in long conversation. There is over a year and a half of discussions on here.
I have so many times posted articles and videos that some people would hate to see me post more... So when someone like OB Bus comes on with a line or two and mostly saying what I believe is nutso and then ask me to back it up with facts, that is kind of silly on several accounts.... One, as already mentioned is that I have been for a year and a half posting what has aided in me coming to my conclusions. Secondly, I don't think there is much any of us could prove on here. I can't prove you exist, I can't prove there actually is a G W Bush. All we can do is show and explain while we feel and believe certain things....So when someone comes on here and ask one of the people who have posted and talked the most about these things to "prove it", that is just crazy... Join in the conversation and help us all to come to the correct conclusions......I do have a theory why some might not be doing that, (joining in a discussion). I have said before that one of the problems with religion like Christianity is it shuts down the logical thinking, one tends to just except by faith things coming from the approved sources, and oddly enough a person likes this which most of his belief's are by faith and not proof, expects me to only operate with hard core proof....Doublethink

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Post by steve74baywin » Tue May 06, 2008 6:58 am

vdubyah73 wrote:For the amount of "research" that Steve does, you would think those numbers would be readily available to him. Steve, question for you, how many hours a day do you spend looking for stuff on the internet that pisses you off and leaves such a bitter taste in your mouth? Spend that energy doing good and you will feel a whole lot better about everything.

Bill
Oh, you mean just stay living in the false reality those running the show want us to live in? I should probably just look forward to Christmas.

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Post by steve74baywin » Tue May 06, 2008 7:11 am

OB Bus wrote: I have not promoted ANY beliefs here. You spout your -- um -- opinions (presented as fact). If anyone challenges your opinions (presented as fact) you attack them.
Let's not lie OB Bus
Your calling what I say nutso is a belief. Any disagreement with me is a belief..
I stand here and debate till hell freezes over, I do not attack anyone who challenges my belief's(maybe one out of 1000)....That is clearly you, hands down, that is you. We are now up to about three things that you accuse me of that actually you are guilty of and not me...

So I guess we wait now another one to three weeks for you to drop a one liner in again, asking us to pretty much repost and discuss everything we discussed while you were away somewhere in between your one liners.

RussellK
IAC Addict!

Post by RussellK » Tue May 06, 2008 8:03 am

Ron Paul supporters were vocal and energized but obviously didn't number enough given the results at the voting booth and I don't think a Diggs poll has much value as an indicator of depth of support. Too narrow of a group to be useful.

Part of Ron Paul's problem was he lacks the image it takes to be a viable candidate. Like it or not imagery is important. It's part of the marketability of a candidate and Ron Paul as a candidate doesn't have it. It's that whole presidential look thing. Don't ask me to explain McCain, maybe it's a matter of degrees. What if a guy with the marketability (read as speaking skills, looks, hair, height etc) as a Mitt Romney had been preaching Ron Paul's message do you think it would have been different?

chitwnvw
Resident Troublemaker

Post by chitwnvw » Tue May 06, 2008 8:16 am

Go to trends.google.com and search on Ron Paul and then search on Barack Obama and unless I am reading it wrong, they look to be fairly equal.