Gibson Raided- who's next to be Gestapo'd by your friendly

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

static
IAC Addict!

Re: Gibson Raided- who's next to be Gestapo'd by your friend

Post by static » Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:16 pm

RussellK wrote:You don't understand the concept of endangered? Protected? You don't understand how the law works? If you don't then ask someone to explain. But please refrain from making my brain hurt every time you issue a statement.
Thank you!

static
IAC Addict!

Post by static » Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:28 pm

steve74baywin wrote:
No, they could attempt to sue me for loss of profits, but in the correct Libertarian form of government, they wouldn't get anywhere. You are correct that in todays system they would attempt to do it, and who knows, they might get away with it. For starters, like you pointed out, corporations used to be only set up for the public good. They were only allowed for as long as the served the public. This is a good example of a muddied up topic. Corporations becuase they were for the public good were allowed so it could be easier to provide for the public in certain ways. As usual, things changed, it appears that corporations used the courts and the slavery amendment to give themselves more rights than they had. And today of course things are upside down and turned on their head.
So the corporation thing wouldn't be an issue, instead it would be a person, or several people who went to do that on the land next to mine. It wouldn't be a corporation like we know today, and they wouldn't have the legal system like today on their side. So then in court, they couldn't claim a loss of profit as a right that was violated. If they are violating the right of another, that would be the wrong. Them not making a profit wouldn't fly in the correct Libertarian form of government, it may in today's form of gov.

I do not think you can say that without the laws all the trees in that video would certainly be gone.
That's it. You are either a 15-year-old troll, insane or have drug-induced brain damage.
It's gotta be two of those at the very minimum.

Whatever the case, it is impossible to have any sort of discussion with a person who ignores facts, common sense, reason and verified cites yet posts scatterbrained responses with largely the same care and forethought that a squirrel monkey masturbates.

A real Libertarian, if you ever met one, would kick your ass.

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Post by steve74baywin » Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:40 pm

static wrote:
steve74baywin wrote:
No, they could attempt to sue me for loss of profits, but in the correct Libertarian form of government, they wouldn't get anywhere. You are correct that in todays system they would attempt to do it, and who knows, they might get away with it. For starters, like you pointed out, corporations used to be only set up for the public good. They were only allowed for as long as the served the public. This is a good example of a muddied up topic. Corporations becuase they were for the public good were allowed so it could be easier to provide for the public in certain ways. As usual, things changed, it appears that corporations used the courts and the slavery amendment to give themselves more rights than they had. And today of course things are upside down and turned on their head.
So the corporation thing wouldn't be an issue, instead it would be a person, or several people who went to do that on the land next to mine. It wouldn't be a corporation like we know today, and they wouldn't have the legal system like today on their side. So then in court, they couldn't claim a loss of profit as a right that was violated. If they are violating the right of another, that would be the wrong. Them not making a profit wouldn't fly in the correct Libertarian form of government, it may in today's form of gov.

I do not think you can say that without the laws all the trees in that video would certainly be gone.
That's it. You are either a 15-year-old troll, insane or have drug-induced brain damage.
It's gotta be two of those at the very minimum.

Whatever the case, it is impossible to have any sort of discussion with a person who ignores facts, common sense, reason and verified cites yet posts scatterbrained responses with largely the same care and forethought that a squirrel monkey masturbates.

A real Libertarian, if you ever met one, would kick your ass.
Wow, and less than a day after you deleted a post of yours for civility and caffeine you post this.
Please, break it down sentence by sentence if you have to. Say what is wrong with each and every sentence.
Keep in mind that I was replying to Neal, and he should already be aware of certain things because I've said them before, so I maybe didn't go too deep. Maybe that is why it seems like what you said. (too many insults from you to me for me to list them here).

static
IAC Addict!

Post by static » Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:52 pm

I mean every word of it. I am now convinced that you are intentionally fucking with us to keep the attention going and that you are nothing but a huckster and a fraud. That "who, me?" game wore thin long ago.

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Post by steve74baywin » Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:57 pm

static wrote:I mean every word of it. I am now convinced that you are intentionally fucking with us to keep the attention going and that you are nothing but a huckster and a fraud. That "who, me?" game wore thin long ago.
What do you know about Libertarianism?
What do you know about the history of Corporations?

Edited add,
I am not doing those things you accuse me of.
I take my limited government, libertarian belief's very very seriously.

Velokid1
IAC Addict!

Post by Velokid1 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:14 pm

Jeez guys. I agree that Steve can be very insulting with all the "that was before I figured out what all you people have yet to learn" stuff, but he doesn't resort to name calling. If you're sick of it or you're exasperated, then have your say, by all means. But the name calling seems really out of line. And yea, I've been guilty of it in the not-so-distant past.

RussellK
IAC Addict!

Post by RussellK » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:01 am

Point taken Greg but he's pretty much called us stupid sheep every time he posts. But as my Mom used to say, fight nice!

Velokid1
IAC Addict!

Post by Velokid1 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:17 am

I know. It's so nuts to say "go for each other's throats politely.".

There isn't a man or woman amongst us that isn't deceived by our own minds and perceptions. We are all on our own trip that we assume to be reality. Steve's on his own trip. I'm on mine. The real reaction when we see each other walking around on our own human trips is compassion. We're all sorry sacks.

RussellK
IAC Addict!

Post by RussellK » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:23 am

Velokid1 wrote: We're all sorry sacks.
One time someone called me a prick with ears.

Velokid1
IAC Addict!

Post by Velokid1 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:46 am

I've been called much much worse things by someone.

And I was so impressed that I married her.

static
IAC Addict!

Post by static » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:56 am

I call 'em like I see 'em. I am convinced that he is a pitiful fraud. He is about as deep as a laundromat's well-used connect-the-dots magazine. That he doesn't actually believe in anything except asking open ended questions which he uses as a method of drawing attention to himself. Yet he trembles, mumbles and dodges when asked to answer direct questions of any kind, and acts as the persecuted one when we call him on his thinly-veiled antics.

BellePlaine
IAC Addict!

Post by BellePlaine » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:56 am

static wrote:He is about as deep as a laundromat's well-used connect-the-dots magazine.
Did you make that up? Because that's pretty creative if you did. It's fucking uncalled for and mean but at least it's kinda cute.

Would someone tell me how come folks will enter a thread in the middle of conversation by throwing around insults without even having the decency of having activity participated in the thread beforehand? It's derailing and small.
1975 Riviera we call "Spider-Man"

static
IAC Addict!

Post by static » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:49 am

If you were referring to me, see my response on page one of this thread. Oh, and thank you for your opinion.

And yes, I did make that line up.

BellePlaine
IAC Addict!

Post by BellePlaine » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:54 am

static wrote:If you were referring to me, see my response on page one of this thread. Oh, and thank you for your opinion.

And yes, I did make that line up.
Missed that. You're welcome, I guess.
1975 Riviera we call "Spider-Man"

RussellK
IAC Addict!

Post by RussellK » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:06 pm

I don't blame anyone for boiling over. Some hundred posts back I suggested we try dialogue instead of insults. I was a fool. You can't have meaningful dialogue with an ideologue. It's just not happening.