Beer!

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Sluggo
Wishin' I was Fishin'
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Post by Sluggo » Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:03 pm

And I want Arctic Circle Pale Ale! I haven't read all these. Has anyone said Itinerant IPA?
:vwgauge420:

1977 Bus with Sunroof - "Lucky '77"
2000cc Type IV w/Dual Weber 36s,
Aircooled.net SVDA w/Compufire,
Redline Weber Fuel Pump,
Holley Regulator,
Half Ass Brush & Roller Rustoleum Paint Job,
Incomplete Custom Interior,
Dual Batteries,
Crunched Slider Door.
------------------------------------------------------

lovemybus
Getting Hooked!

Post by lovemybus » Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:08 pm

Broken Halo IPA -
=D>
Long live the VW Buses...
LoveMyBus.com

MidWesty
Getting Hooked!

Post by MidWesty » Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:53 pm

Yes, definitely an IPA. There is a brewery in Holly Springs, NC that brews some great beer. Carolina Brewing Company. You can only get their beer within so many miles of the brewery. I actually live in Kentucky but have a friend in Raleigh that brings me a case whenever he's in town. Awesome stuff. Their Pale Ale is one of the best I've had. As far as my everyday brew, well not everyday, is usually a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. The same buddy from NC is going to Brewmaster school right now. He brews a chocolate stout that is incredible. It's heavy though. He had some stuff around 4th of July that was a 90 minute hop process. I can't remember the details but something about adding hops for 90 minutes straight. He also had a 30 and 60 minute. Someone who knows about brewing beer may be able to elaborate on the process a little further, but man it kicked my butt! Good stuff indeed.
"Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right."

'78 Rivi
'63 Ragtop
'73 Double cab (for sale)

dingo
IAC Addict!

Post by dingo » Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:28 am

I have a need for Mead.
'71 Kombi, 1600 dp

';78 Tranzporter 2L

" Fill what's empty, empty what's full, and scratch where it itches."

Yustrn
I'm New!

Post by Yustrn » Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:57 pm

I like to try as much microbrew as I can. I have been in India for a few months and the beer out here is awfull. I cant wait to get home!!!

antisamba

Post by antisamba » Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:45 am

Yustrn wrote:I like to try as much microbrew as I can. I have been in India for a few months and the beer out here is awfull. I cant wait to get home!!!
is this Yustrn from the samba? have you lost any weight on your behind? why dont you stay in India and open a burger stand I think you would do well!

Yustrn
I'm New!

Post by Yustrn » Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:33 am

antisamba wrote:
Yustrn wrote:I like to try as much microbrew as I can. I have been in India for a few months and the beer out here is awfull. I cant wait to get home!!!
is this Yustrn from the samba? have you lost any weight on your behind? why dont you stay in India and open a burger stand I think you would do well!
Look man I dont need your shit

antisamba

Post by antisamba » Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:41 am

Yustrn wrote:
antisamba wrote:
is this Yustrn from the samba? edited - edited- edited -
Look man I dont need your shit
how did that empty package problem of yours ever work out?

my last two post's edited at the request of sluggo.

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:42 pm

anti-samba, your personality seems so.. um... Samba-esque... :argue:
"Live life, love life. Enjoy the pleasures and the sorrows. For it is the bleak valleys, the dark corners that make the peaks all the more magnificent. And once you realize that, you begin to see the beauty hidden within those valleys, and learn to love the climb." - Anonymous

Do you want to Survive? Or do you want to LIVE?

Yustrn
I'm New!

Post by Yustrn » Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:18 pm

DjEep wrote:anti-samba, your personality seems so.. um... Samba-esque... :argue:
I agree, I came over here to escape the Samba bullshit.

lovemybus
Getting Hooked!

Post by lovemybus » Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:20 pm

Yustrn wrote:
DjEep wrote:anti-samba, your personality seems so.. um... Samba-esque... :argue:
I agree, I came over here to escape the Samba bullshit.
Agreed!
Long live the VW Buses...
LoveMyBus.com

dingo
IAC Addict!

Post by dingo » Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:08 pm

Just curious if there is a lot of India Pale Ale in India...or is that another case of 'French' fries ?

Plenty of stinkfoot here...the bacteria helps flavour the brew
'71 Kombi, 1600 dp

';78 Tranzporter 2L

" Fill what's empty, empty what's full, and scratch where it itches."

LiveonJG
IAC Jester!
Location: Standing on the side of the road, rain falling on my shoes.

Post by LiveonJG » Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:33 am

dingo wrote:Just curious if there is a lot of India Pale Ale in India...or is that another case of 'French' fries ?

Plenty of stinkfoot here...the bacteria helps flavour the brew
I'd guess it left with the British.
-John
Keep it acoustic.

jberger
Getting Hooked!

Post by jberger » Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:19 pm

spiffy wrote:
DjEep wrote:"What beverage, brewed since ancient times, is made from hops and grains?" "How about... ancient hop-grain juice?"

Seriously though, if you are ever in SF, fuck the cable cars, you have to stop by the Chalet. Theirs are the best beers I've ever had. Maybe it's just because it's so fresh, but damn! And they serve it to you set up in the perfect order. The Golden tastes like what you thought Bud, Miller and Coors should taste like after seeing the commercials as a kid. The Hefe tastes like fresh lemonade. The Califonia Kind is a pale ale reminicent of, well, "California Kind" w/ a skunky, herbal note to it. The IPA is thick and definatly hoppy but not too bitter like some IPAs can get. The Amber is clean and not super hoppy, perfect to cleanse the palate of the IPA before moving on to the finisher. The Porter looks like a mug full of espresso, with a dark syrupy appearance and a thick marbled-brown creme. It taste like fine bittersweet chocolate and leaves you feeling quite satisfied. Damn...now i want some...

After that review I think you should do beer reviews for a living =D>

Okay, besides the champagne of beers the best beer I have ever had was at Berghoff's (SP?) in Chicago...the Hefeweizen was worth driving four hours for...and we did \:D/
The Berghoff is closed.... couldn't believe it... done, fini... Good German Beer and food, Pretzels with mustard.

The Challet is good but only because it is close. I don't like many of the breweries in the bay area.... Moylans in Novato is good, Pyramid, Dempsy's in Petaluma (Strong Ale only), 3rd Street in Santa Rosa is good too, BJ's eh, Rock Bottom (not nearly as good as Naperville IL)

How could I forget SF brewing, best Fish and Chips w\great beer ever.

jberger
Getting Hooked!

Post by jberger » Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:23 pm

LiveonJG wrote:
DjEep wrote:Seriously though, if you are ever in SF, fuck the cable cars, you have to stop by the Chalet.
I'll second that, foods not bad either. Up here in Oregon we have a chain (I hate that word makes me think of Olive Garden or some other cookie cutter piece of crap place) called McMenamin's. They buy up historical properties and convert them into pubs, so no two are alike. They brew a fine mix of beers + ales. But I usually just have their IPA, heaven in a pint glass! :smt030

McMenamin's Edgefield out by the airport.... coolest place ever, brewery, distillery, little red shed (tequilla and cigar bar, literally a little-red-shed) winery, theater.