I need a door handle....

Sell your Bay Window Bus (1968-1979) parts here.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic, vdubzen

Vdubtech
IAC Addict!

I need a door handle....

Post by Vdubtech » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:11 pm

I am in need of a driver's door handle for a late Bay Window. Doesn't matter if you have a key for the lock or not because I will be rekeying it anyway. This is for a very rusty '79 Bus with a completely worn out OG handle. I have lots of early handles but the lock cylinder and mechanism changed somewhere along the lines and they aren't compatible. Let me know what you have and a price with shipping to 13057. A pic would be helpful as well, both of the front and of the back, specifically where the lever attached to the lock cylinder.

chitwnvw
Resident Troublemaker

Post by chitwnvw » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:31 pm

I'll take the handle off of my '79 parts bus for ya.

Vdubtech
IAC Addict!

Post by Vdubtech » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:41 pm

That would be perfect!! Let me know what I owe you and I'll get some money comin your way!!

chitwnvw
Resident Troublemaker

Post by chitwnvw » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:52 am

Vdubtech wrote:That would be perfect!! Let me know what I owe you and I'll get some money comin your way!!
Money? Will you send it back when Rusty Bus disintegrates? Otherwise I'll go to TS and find the going rate....

Vdubtech
IAC Addict!

Post by Vdubtech » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:11 pm

chitwnvw wrote:
Vdubtech wrote:That would be perfect!! Let me know what I owe you and I'll get some money comin your way!!
Money? Will you send it back when Rusty Bus disintegrates? Otherwise I'll go to TS and find the going rate....
I promise, when the rustybus finally turns to dust, I'll ship it back to you, Priority. :blackeye: I'll even include whatever is left of the door it's attached to. I'll pm you my info...you're the man!!

chitwnvw
Resident Troublemaker

Post by chitwnvw » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:35 pm

Since you were just in there, what tools do I need? Just the hex wrench?