OEM 72 - 74 Bus Exhaust

Sell your Bay Window Bus (1968-1979) parts here.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic, vdubzen

Bookwus
IAC Addict!

Post by Bookwus » Thu May 28, 2009 1:13 pm

Hiya Dave,

I'll be happy to act as "mule" for your exhaust. I'm only about 2 or 3 minutes away from you anyway.
I have cancer.

It does not have me.

dhoch14
Old School!

Post by dhoch14 » Thu May 28, 2009 1:32 pm

Bookwus wrote:Hiya Dave,

I'll be happy to act as "mule" for your exhaust. I'm only about 2 or 3 minutes away from you anyway.
Sweet! Thanks Bookwus. Satchmo, are you cool with that? I can send you the funds via billpay prior to Maupin.
93 VW T4 2.4D Cali

Bookwus
IAC Addict!

Post by Bookwus » Thu May 28, 2009 1:36 pm

dhoch14 wrote:......Satchmo, are you cool with that? I can send you the funds via billpay prior to Maupin.
Or I could just swipe it when he's looking the other way and split the loot with you.

Oh.....................this is is the open forum........right.............well...........nevermind.
I have cancer.

It does not have me.

vistacruzer
IAC Addict!

Post by vistacruzer » Thu May 28, 2009 2:35 pm

how about the indoor scrap yard in woodland wa. ? someone give the name please
71 bench 1915
70 wide lowered body rag top 2056 type4 DTM nothing stock if I could touch it.
Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Bookwus
IAC Addict!

Post by Bookwus » Thu May 28, 2009 2:41 pm

Hiya 71,

Avery's. It used to be Averre's when it was up in Longview but I guess they decided their name was too hard to spell.

Done any business with them? I called for a quote on the crossover linkage for a doghouse fanshroud and these guys were outta sight. $50. and that's for a part (actually three parts) that should go for $20 total on a good day.
I have cancer.

It does not have me.

LiveonJG
IAC Jester!
Location: Standing on the side of the road, rain falling on my shoes.

Post by LiveonJG » Thu May 28, 2009 4:15 pm

FWIW, I emailed Ken looking for a driver's side 72-74 HE. He replied that he thought he had a set and would get back to me. In the meantime I tried to fix the one I had, which didn't work. He had never gotten back to me so I emailed him again, turns out he did have a set so I bought one. He might still have the passenger side. The trick with Ken is to be persistent without being annoying.

-John
Keep it acoustic.

satchmo
Old School!

Post by satchmo » Thu May 28, 2009 5:06 pm

dhoch14 wrote:
Bookwus wrote:Hiya Dave,

Sweet! Thanks Bookwus. Satchmo, are you cool with that? I can send you the funds via billpay prior to Maupin.
I'm cool with that, but I think you should wait to pay me until you have it and know that it works for you. I'll do a little scrubbing on the muffler with the wire brush this weekend so it looks all purdy for you. You may also want to spray it with some VHT paint before putting it on so it lasts a little longer.

As a bonus, since you are a certified VW hero for building your own engine, I'll send the correct gaskets and some copper exhaust nuts if I can find them. You deserve it.

Tim
By three methods we may learn wisdom:
First, by reflection, which is noblest;
second, by immitation, which is easiest;
and third, by experience, which is bitterest. -Confucius

satchmo
Old School!

Post by satchmo » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:29 pm

Okay. Exhaust is all ready and waiting for transport. I'm to give it to Bookwus at Maupin, right? Then he gives it to you. Then you send me a big sack full of money.

Sounds like Sesame Street: "Take the golden AN, and put it in the vAN. Take it to DAN. He will give it to FrAN. Don't get caught by the mAN."

Tim
By three methods we may learn wisdom:
First, by reflection, which is noblest;
second, by immitation, which is easiest;
and third, by experience, which is bitterest. -Confucius

Bookwus
IAC Addict!

Post by Bookwus » Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:08 pm

Hiya All,

Hey! I like the big sack fulla money thing. How come I don't get to play with that? Just an old exhaust thingy.
I have cancer.

It does not have me.

dhoch14
Old School!

Post by dhoch14 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:52 am

satchmo wrote:Okay. Exhaust is all ready and waiting for transport. I'm to give it to Bookwus at Maupin, right? Then he gives it to you. Then you send me a big sack full of money.

Sounds like Sesame Street: "Take the golden AN, and put it in the vAN. Take it to DAN. He will give it to FrAN. Don't get caught by the mAN."

Tim
Awesome. Thanks Tim!
93 VW T4 2.4D Cali

dhoch14
Old School!

Post by dhoch14 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:29 am

Bookwus,

let me know when you're back from Maupin and I'll come by to get the exhaust! Assuming you didn't forget it!

-dave
93 VW T4 2.4D Cali

Bookwus
IAC Addict!

Post by Bookwus » Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:56 pm

Hiya Dave,

Surprise!

(this might be confusing for others but he knows what I mean!)
I have cancer.

It does not have me.

dhoch14
Old School!

Post by dhoch14 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:11 pm

awesome stuff! Bookwus ZBlair(?) came by and surprised me with the exhaust. 2 hours later, I have a new exhaust installed. I still need to sand, paint, & put a new tailpipe on, BUT for the time being it is about 209358203985 better than the POS empi exhaust I use to have on there.

much love and cheers to the IAC support. See you at the lab tomorrow!

Tim, your big sack of money is on it's way. Thanks Dude!

-dave
93 VW T4 2.4D Cali